Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick3586
    • Jan 2016

Coding q5 steering angle sensor

Hello , i am new to this forum based in the uk and have a verus pro , I was woundering if anyone could help me , I have fitted a new steering angle sensor to a 2012 Audi Q5 , I have set the steering angle and all the dash lights are out , but the unit needs coding to the spec of the car , it needs to now if it has steering wheel controls , cruse control , rear wiper and so on , I have the old unit and could still communicate with it , is there anyway I could extract the code from the old unit and program the new one ? I have had a look in expert mode and it looks like it may be possible , Many thanks and all the best for the new year , Nick
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Most anything can be done on VWs and Audis as long as you are in Expert Mode. Be careful what you do in there though. Just don't go pushing buttons for the heck of it. You can break stuff. Follow your Service Info.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• Trindaddy
      • Jan 2010

Nick, in expert mode you can retrieve the coding from the old unit. Then enter it into the new one after its installed. Such is the process for many things on these cars. In many ways, its easier than most cars that require reflashing. Every way, actually.

Comment

• Nick3586
        • Jan 2016

Hi many thanks for yours replys , I have had another look today and have found view code and program new code , when i click on view code it loops back to menu screen , and when i click on program new code it comes up with " a error has occurred " . I spoke to snap on and they said they have not done any long coding on the steering angle sensor / steering electrics . I think from the asking and looking around I have done this is what it needs , it looks like the software may not do it , or it could just be me as my knowledge is limited alltho i would like to learn more , many thanks again for your help nick

Comment

• Trindaddy
          • Jan 2010

This is why I keep my old Launch around. Oh yeah, and Saabs...

Comment

• badcoupe
            • Jan 2011

Check the ross tech site for good info on this. Expert mode is mostly the same as vag-com. Once you figure it out it is better than having to reflash, no subscriptions to buy etc.

Comment

Working...