Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tnastear
    • Dec 2015

OS upgrade failure

Ok so I think I really screwed it up. I had to see for myself and try to upgrade to Windows vista. Because I needed the newer Internet explorer to work with the ford ids and sync programming. Thinking it would be no big deal because I can just do a factory reset if it doesn't work. The problem is the s button is not responding on start up. Any suggestions?
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Maybe try the S Button utility found here: https://www1.snapon.com/diagnostics/us/VERUS_Tools

Good luck.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

If Clint Eastwood had to choose one of the forty things listed to repair his Byzantine Cluster ,which one of them would apply to the S button?
      Last edited by Witsend; 03-07-2016, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Tnastear
        • Dec 2015

I found some re-imaging software listed. But so far non that will help me. Trying to get the diagnostic software to run with vista. Some has posted about getting it to run with Windows 7 so there is hope that I won't have to send it int to snappy just yet. It would be an easy fix if some one could send me a copy of there hdd image. Not holding my breath for that one tho

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

I thought I read the cost of sending out and Re imaging it isn't all that prohibitive if the hardware doesn't have issues.
          Last edited by Witsend; 03-15-2016, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Working...