Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kaeco
    • Jun 2010

Verus Edge 16.2

Evening everyone. I just bought a new Edge with 15.4 platform and was wondering how do I get the 16.2 update...Is it something I can down load myself (how?) or does the Snapon man tool man need to do it..Thanks, Mike.
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Do you have an update subscription ? Or have you purchased an update ? Are you connected to the internet ? If so then open the windows task bar at the bottom of the screen and click the update tab and check for Shopstream updates. Its in the lower right hand corner, should be third tab from the left. If so then just follow the instructions. I updated mine last week. took around 2 in total. First down load then install. I was working at the time so maybe it could have gone faster if I was monitoring the progress instead of checking it every so often. Not sure if it matters but you might have to register your tool also.

Comment

• Kaeco
      • Jun 2010

Hi Greasybob. The Snapon man said i would get the 16.2. (through him?) I did exactly what you said to do and it says 15.4 is all. Thanks, Mike.

Comment

• Kaeco
        • Jun 2010

The tool is registered also.

Comment

• greasybob
          • May 2008

It should go something like this. if no updates are available it will inform you of such and your snappy guy probably hasn't cleared the purchase yet.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Kaeco
            • Jun 2010

Perfect..thanks for the help. Mike.

Comment

• greasybob
              • May 2008

Also, after the installation you will be prompted to connect the USB cable to the scan module to update the firmware. This will happen the first time you connect to a vehicle after the software installation.

Comment

• Kaeco
                • Jun 2010

Thank you..

Comment

• sbreland73
                  • Jan 2009

I was under the impression the updates you get from the Shopstream Update Tool are service patches to your exsisting bundle. An "upgrade" is usually done on the tool truck, or from a thumb drive purchased from Snap-on online. So you can purchase a subscription now? Then I guess one could get their upgrade through the update tool.

S. Breland

Comment

• greasybob
                    • May 2008

Here you go . ...... https://www1.snapon.com/diagnostics/us/theprogram

Comment

• sbreland73
                      • Jan 2009

I see at the bottom, in the small print, Participating Representatives only. This seems to allude to still having to load software onto the tool via scan bay. I am by no means an expert on the subject.
                      S. Breland

Comment

• greasybob
                        • May 2008

It could be that only those who have the subscription can get their update through an internet download. If you watch the video in the link it shows updating the software bundle into the Solus, Modis and Ethos platforms through your Shop Stream Connect via lap top or PC. The Verus Edge has Widows 7, so the update (16.2) is direct to the tool. Not sure about other Verus or Verdict platforms.

Comment

• jgabren
                          • Mar 2012

If any Verus platform is on the software subscription program, and the account is current and paid up, then the tool will receive all updates (major bundles as well as service releases) over the internet. You also still have the option to have the franchisee install it on the truck as well.

The "Participating Representatives" verbiage is in there because it in optional program for the individual franchisees to participate in. They can decide whether or not they want to offer the subscription to their customers. If you decide you would like to get on the software subscription program, you sign up through the truck, and the franchisee will then deliver the current update. Any updates after the tool is enrolled in the program can either be done over the internet or on the truck.

Comment

• dave-m
                            • Feb 2011

Our Verus has been on Subscription for well over a year. When a new software version is released (15.2 -> 15.4 -> 16.2) we receive a letter in the mail notifying of the update. Usually our dealer has already installed the update by that time. I have not seen one of these types of updates come through the updater, all we get are the revisions (16.2 -> 16.2.1). I have checked the updater on the day the dealer is coming by for the update and it does not show up.

Comment

Working...