Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • akicestorm
    • May 2009

Whats Next? And when?

Anyone got any information of when snap on plans releasing there next flag ship scan tool? The Zeus has been out for a while now and im wondering when the Zeus Pro,Ultra,Edge or the Zeus LTZ XYZ may come out. I don't wanna buy the Zeus because I feel its gonna been sooner than later lol.
  • tech25
    • Oct 2017

I have no info. on new platforms.. But I do know that the next update ( 20.2 ) will finally include DoIp.. ( diagnostics over internet protocol ). This is what is taking over CAN and is much faster. However. you will need a new cable, ( if your scan tool has a cable ) that is compatible. I heard the cable is around $200.

note..... DoIp is nothing new. its been out for more than a decade in cars. Snap on is just late to the party.

Comment

• tech25
      • Oct 2017

Info on 20.2 got released a couple days ago. No one is talking about it, what is everyone's opinion on the updated Zeus VCI? In order to use DoIP, you need the update, plus the new VCI.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by tech25; 03-27-2020, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• timstech
        • Dec 2010

Is there something actually printed about 20.2 update

Comment

• tech25
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by timstech
          Is there something actually printed about 20.2 update
          BOOOOM!!!

Comment

• timstech
            • Dec 2010

Thanks, going to have plenty of time read this

Comment

• Glide
              • Jan 2015

I haven't seen that 20.2 is actually available yet.When is the release date?
              Does it have to be quarantined for 14 days before when get it in Canada?

Comment

• tech25
                • Oct 2017

Released in April sometime. However.... might be smart to double check it for virus/bugs... the software kind... you know theres gonna be some.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                  Snap-on DSD
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Glide
                  I haven't seen that 20.2 is actually available yet.When is the release date?
                  Does it have to be quarantined for 14 days before when get it in Canada?
                  The official release dates are April 1st and October 1st every year. It's usually available the week before though. However, it is up to your Franchisee to install it on his computer before he starts selling it. Some of them can take a while before they get around to it, so release dates in individual territories can vary.
                  Joe
                  "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                  Henry Ford

Comment

• Glide
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
                    The official release dates are April 1st and October 1st every year. It's usually available the week before though. However, it is up to your Franchisee to install it on his computer before he starts selling it. Some of them can take a while before they get around to it, so release dates in individual territories can vary.
                    Joe
                    I have a software subscription and install my own updates.When an update is available a message normally pops up.
                    I have never payed attention to the dates,thanks for that info.
                    Just as a footnote,my franchisee has let us know that he will not be stopping in for a while.I expect that this will be the same with others.
                    Last edited by Glide; 03-28-2020, 04:07 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

• ronald316
                      • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Glide
                      I have a software subscription and install my own updates.When an update is available a message normally pops up.
                      I have never payed attention to the dates,thanks for that info.
                      Just as a footnote,my franchisee has let us know that he will not be stopping in for a while.I expect that this will be the same with others.
                      n my area i haven t had a snapon rep for6 months now

Comment

• timstech
                        • Dec 2010

20.2.0 downloading now to my Verus edge over the net now,looks like large bundle

Comment

• Glide
                          • Jan 2015

Just took a quick look and I see at least a menu for 14-16 GM trucks chassis control module,and remote fob learn(in body module).Hopefully they have got some things fixed.

Comment

• Wheel
                            • Jul 2007

kinda sucks that the motorcycle software is offered on the cheaper tools, but not the higher end tools - kind of a dis - incentive to buy them if a person wanted to do both.
                            You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by tech25
                              Info on 20.2 got released a couple days ago. No one is talking about it, what is everyone's opinion on the updated Zeus VCI? In order to use DoIP, you need the update, plus the new VCI.
                              Finally we can get the smaller VCI for the edge...

Comment

Working...