Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MobileTech
    • Jul 2015

Verus Won't Communicate With Some Cars Made for Japanese Domestic Market

Hey, has anyone else been having this problem - I live in Jamaica and a lot of our cars here are imported directly from Japan. I have a Verus and when I try to communicate with some models: Toyota, Nissan, and Mazda, communication is not possible. According to OBD II standards, irrespective of where the vehicle is made and the market it is destined for, one should be able to communicate with it using a generic scan tool. My Verus just won't communicate with some of these cars - even late model ones too.
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

When it comes to scanner communications, there are 3 distinct markets. North American, Asian and European. Places that have cars from all markets will need multiple scanners or one that does all 3 markets. It is my understanding that the scanners Snap-on sells in Australia and South America are like this. I'd try to get my hands on one of them if I could, but I have no idea how you could do that.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• MobileTech
      • Jul 2015

@JoeRappa:

Since the Verus are the same worldwide, do you think installing software for the markets you mentioned would solve my communication problems? Thanks for your speedy reply.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

I'll try to find out. On occasion, some of the guys that work for Diagnostics are on here. They'd be able to answer for certain.
        Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

Working...