X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Relative compression bar graph

Great Old Fluke 98 scope feature that could and should be built into all snap on scanners. Test Right from the driver seat.

• maven
    • Mar 2014

A decade or so ago before I had aftermarket service information, and before I could ever remember how the hell Ford numbered their cylinders on the V8s I would use that feature(synced) on my 98 to physically located the misfiring cylinder. I could see the firing order on the screen and see which cylinder was bad and knew that the physical firing order was the same between a Ford and Chevy small block, so I could find the cylinder.

I stopped using it for some reason when I got service information.

I may have to press it back into service now though. The GM direct injection engines are misfiring nigthmares when they dont get maintained religiously and there are versions where its very time consuming to access ignition c oils and spark plugs. The bar graph is just alot more user friendly than a waveform on the Modis.

Thank you for offering such a lucid and cogent post Wit! Im actually looking forward to breaking out the thick yellow beast again, and happy I read one of your posts as well!!! WHo knew?

Comment

• deegan8
      • Jan 2011

Bar Graph relative compression

I loved that on the Fluke 98, I'm sure Snap On could set something up like that for voltage or even amperage! that would be great since scopes are a visual display

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

God gave me you for the ups and downs

...but B@tch take your Prozac if you want me around.
        Now How's that country song go?

Comment

• Wheel
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
          Great Old Fluke 98 scope feature that could and should be built into all snap on scanners. Test Right from the driver seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03-Ea7p5DY8
          The 98 was and still is a fantastic tool. My first scope. Still have and use one.
          Another good scope with features I wish the present Snap On offerings had some of was the Counselor 2.
          You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

Working...