X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crackerclicker
    • May 2008

Originally posted by Jim173
    Hi Bob,

Attached is my error notice. From SSC version 8.0.0.33 which I got from the CD ROM with my SolusPro - a UK edition currently running version 12.2.

I understand that I am not using the most up to date version of SSC, but I did install the lastest version from website on my home PC last night with the very same problem.

My PCs are both Windows7 32bit with a pretty reasonable spec. I have also attached an SCM file so others can test...

I don't wish to steal the thread - but hopefully we can figure it out..
    Your error message appears to be related to Microsoft's dotNET Framework. Does your computer have that installed (and maybe updated)?

Comment

• brad_m
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by brad_m
      Shopstream on my XP based system has decided to stop giving me error messages today.

Is SO working on resolving any of these issues?

After a re shuffle of computers on my shop, i'm having error problems again.

Installed on a laptop running windowns 7 64 have no issues.

First time install on a desktop running window XP shopstream will not open.
      It gives me this error.
      'Program has encountered a problem and need to close'

I have downloaded from the Australian SO site and the USA SO site, I've tried to run it in win98 and 2000 compatibility modes, i've tried running when logged in as administrator, nothing works.
      I have uninstalled all unneeded programs looking for conflicts.

SO tech line has never heard of it.

Anyone offer any help?

Comment

• crackerclicker
        • May 2008

After a re shuffle of computers on my shop, i'm having error problems again.

Installed on a laptop running windowns 7 64 have no issues.

First time install on a desktop running window XP shopstream will not open.
        It gives me this error.
        'Program has encountered a problem and need to close'

I have downloaded from the Australian SO site and the USA SO site, I've tried to run it in win98 and 2000 compatibility modes, i've tried running when logged in as administrator, nothing works.
        I have uninstalled all unneeded programs looking for conflicts.

SO tech line has never heard of it.

Anyone offer any help?
        Hi Brad,

I wonder if you need to use an older version of SSC for Windows XP? I'll see if I have a copy of that, and try to figure out a way to upload it somewhere for you.

Comment

• brad_m
          • Dec 2012

That would be good.

It's getting to be a pain kicking the SW of her PC all the time.

Comment

• hefaus
            • Dec 2007

SSC

That would be good.

It's getting to be a pain kicking the SW of her PC all the time.
            Hi I use Xp pro 32 and no problems. Do you have the latest xp updates and Frameworks. I have and it works other than that have no real idea. Keep Smiling.

Comment

• crackerclicker
              • May 2008

Originally posted by hefaus
              Hi I use Xp pro 32 and no problems. Do you have the latest xp updates and Frameworks. I have and it works other than that have no real idea. Keep Smiling.
              Brad, I think hefaus is right. According to info on the download page, the current 32bit release is supposed to work just fine for XP. If you are still interested in the older versions, I sent you a PM on the nerdz site.

Comment

• brad_m
                • Dec 2012

I read that it needed .net framework 2.0, which I have, and I run XP service pack 3.

I tried to get the .net service packs but there was a connection error to the download centre.

I'll keep trying and see what happens when I get the latest .net

Comment

• brad_m
                  • Dec 2012

It is definitely a problem with the computer.

The older version don't work. I took them all home and loaded them up on a vista 32bit machine and all works.

I'll keep trying making updates and changes one at a time until I work it out.

Comment

• brad_m
                    • Dec 2012

Never did get it to work.
                    We shouldn't be having these sort of compatibility problems. These operating systems have been around for a very long time, more then enough time for SO to have this sort of **** sorted out and be able to give us a Min system requirements including ANY software requirements.

For a program that gets used on a daily basis, and that we have to rely on to print proof of diagnostics and repair for the customer. This really isn't good enough.
                    We all pay a hefty premium for the tools, more then enough money to be able to demand that any software should just work, the first time and every time after that.

Snap-On. Lift your game or start loosing customers.

Comment

Working...