X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wilber1
    • Sep 2018

Ethos software not loading

Hi any help please i have a old Ethos EESCGB312C , Bundle Number:13.4
    Version Number:2.5.0.11743 , i can not get it to load, each time it comes up with Main screen ( Bad Sum Fail ) i can get it in service mode some times, and link to computer , Snap on says it is had it, but what do you chaps advise , I have done all the usual things to try to get it to boot
    . Thanks Wilber1
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Wilber , Not sure if Ethos has an internal battery or not , but try booting it up with the AC power adapter to stabilize power . Maybe try customer support and see if they have any suggestions for Snap-on Trouble Diagnostics.

For information or help regarding any Snap-on Tools products, or if you need to contact your local Snap-on Tools franchisee.
    Last edited by Witsend; 09-25-2018, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by wilber1
      Hi any help please i have a old Ethos EESCGB312C , Bundle Number:13.4
      Version Number:2.5.0.11743 , i can not get it to load, each time it comes up with Main screen ( Bad Sum Fail ) i can get it in service mode some times, and link to computer , Snap on says it is had it, but what do you chaps advise , I have done all the usual things to try to get it to boot
      . Thanks Wilber1

Hi Wilber, I am going to guess you did not do a back up to a cf card at some point with your Ethos ?

Had you made a back up, you could restore the program and you could still be working away with your Ethos.

Comment

• wilber1
        • Sep 2018

kirkbarrow.garage . yes i seen that and read upon it, it was my sons, he upgraded to a newer machine and gave me this one, the first thing i asked did he back it up, as it has a CF card slot. but No he did not, so really it is only a piece of junk now, so might sell the leads and Keys, and bin it , as Snap on support where no help , Thanks Wilber1

Thank you for your enquire. As you may be aware the Ethos is no longer supported for parts, software or repairs. Unfortunately you are unable to recover this yourself as the tool doesn’t have an internal backup. My apologies I couldn’t be more helpful.

Comment

• wilber1
          • Sep 2018

Wilber , Not sure if Ethos has an internal battery or not , but try booting it up with the AC power adapter to stabilize power . Maybe try customer support and see if they have any suggestions for Snap-on Trouble Diagnostics.

https://www.snapon.co.uk/contact-us[/QUOTE]

Witsend; I removed all the batteries, also used 12 volt adapter, and removed comos battery , I have done most things to it, I think what messed it up were the batteries going flat and not booting up to a full load, I can link it to my computer some times in service mode, but not really much i can do now, Thanks any way Wilber1

Comment

Working...