Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

Ford galaxy 2.8 v6 2001 no communication

This forum is intended for general discussions that would relate specifically to our UK/Ireland based members. Others may join in but please stay on topic.

Check out the above thread in the UK link.
    2.8 STRAIGHT 6 galaxy 2001 plate - unable to read using manfacturer specific option, only access the engine codes via EOBD and then descriptions are missing, cant see on fast track trouble shooter code list, have to go back to the auto data book for code description.

Codes pulled:
    P0300/0306/0301/0302/0304/0305/0303
    P0011
    P1116 / P1103

Any common issues to look for, hoping to get some running data to view temp an airflow operation
    Last edited by andybaz; 05-11-2011, 11:09 AM. Reason: corrected engine spec sorry its a V6
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in
  • markt
    • Apr 2011

what live data ( if any) is there through obd??
    you could always scope the airmass, does it look like its been kept up to its service schedules ?? might just be fault through neglect which are happening more and more as people are tightening their belts

Comment

• andybaz
      • Apr 2009

hi,hoping to look again 1 night this week, they called on the off chance i could take a look today,full service history, booked stamped., 122944 on the clock .

There is data available via eobd,will have a look when i next plug in, was hoping i could select via manufacturer on the PRO, you get more choice then.

Obvioulsy the airflow and temp sensors will effect engine operation,so i need to watch the operation, and if the misfire contines, im hoping it may just be a cam sensor problem, then again it could be the crank.

Ive sent a fault form to SO UK an will see what they have to say reguarding no communication,but it reads very basic on eobd.

Cheers for your views, will update on here my findings/solution
      Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
        • Apr 2009

sorry NOT A V6 i its a STRAIGHT 6

Corrected the engine spec, its not a V6, sorry, its a straight 6, so according to 10.4 s/w not compatible according to my machine, which may explain why i couldnt read it as its not listed under manufacturer option.

Need to investigate further as the vin plate is missing.
        Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• Paul Spacagna
          • Aug 2010

Is this Galaxy still base on the VW Sharan? if so might be worth giving a try reading as one of these

Comment

• vauxhall tech
            • Apr 2011

vw golfs also had 2.8 vr6 engines in them aswell..same engine codes as stated..sounds like could be e.c.u or wiring fault..??

Comment

• andybaz
              • Apr 2009

Cheers for your views, this is 1 post i forgot to correct, yes its V6, im not used to or seen until now this NARROW version of a V engine, learn something new every day.

Will check through auto data book for sharron model info an golf so i can try to read the data on the GALAXY, i have emailoed SO UK HO to inform them that 10.4 s/w appears not to be compatible to this model, so waiting to see what reply i get back.
              Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
                • Apr 2009

This forum is intended for general discussions that would relate specifically to our UK/Ireland based members. Others may join in but please stay on topic.

Updated, need to rectify code 17748 or P1340 1st.

Description: camshaft/crank angle sensor wrong combination of ecu's P1340.

Any views greatly appreaited, runs lumpy,misfiring till warm, when warm, turn her off, then restart- runs rough misfiring till warm an so on, baring inmind that the engine is warm.
                Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
                  • Apr 2011

hi andybaz
                  p1340 camshaft position sensor B circuit fault.
                  would start with wiring check at plug for earth,voltage and output. probably best to use a scope for output test.resistance check of sensor also..
                  next would be a scope of cam vs crank sensor to rule out worn timing chain/tensioner if sensor values turn out ok and wiring from the cam sensor(s) are ok back to ecu on a continuity check.
                  loss of the signal as you know will give misfire or poor running as the ecu cannot set the injectors to fire sequentially in cylinder order.

Comment

• andybaz
                    • Apr 2009

cheers for all the views,at present i dont know if this a cambelt of chain system. There is no rattle noise, when you start her from cold or hot, she's a lumpy single cylinder diesel, run it for about 10 mins, 10mile etc and she starts to smooth out, now she is warm, turn the engine off, then say 30 seconds, restart her an again shes a lumpy single cylinder diesel until she has been run for about 10mins/10mlie etc.

I took a simple data map on the EOBD program, as ther was NO FACILITY to read data via manufacturer specific. I dont have ascope, and will be honset do not know how to use one, i would be very reluctant to buy such an item from SO aswell as the customers service is very poor (more on thatr later).
                    So i am stuck with using the S'Pro using very basic graph facility.

Will try an upload some graphs of whats available on 10.4s/w.

Thinking, if you have to run her for a length of time and this a cam chain system an not a belt, may be a oil change an flush incase she suffering from gummed up oil ways or chain tensioner may be.
                    Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

Working...