Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

mazda 6 DPF filter light reset ??

Hi, have a MAZDA 6 TS 2.0 Di, 16v direct inj. 143bhp. Its flashing DPF in the dash cluster, gona be honest, new to DP Filters work, any know if it is possible to reset or do i need to change something.

Nothing on the software for MAZDA as they dont fail.
    Cheers andy
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

sortred.
    Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• davejeffree
      • Mar 2011

Would you care to tell how you sorted this please

Comment

• andybaz
        • Apr 2009

expensive - it had to go to mazda for a forced reset, nearly forgot to mention... they dont know why it comes up either but its done every service as standard.
        Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• davejeffree
          • Mar 2011

When you say expensive, how much are you referring to, 10's, 100's, 1000's?

Comment

• andybaz
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by davejeffree
            When you say expensive, how much are you referring to, 10's, 100's, 1000's?
            Hi dave, dealership inter-work etc, usually charged bare minimum hour rate £70, regardless of simple light off,and it the car is required longer, say 2 hours then its 2x£rate.
            Unless the garages owe each favours etc etc.

I know we sent a peug to a dealership, rough running, for them to tell us water in fuel and it needed a water temp sensor, car fixed and billed us £180 if i rememebr correctly. My S'Pro did not show any codes on the car,so dont know where they got water temp from.

Like wise we received a car from another dealer and they were billed full hit aswell.
            Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• davejeffree
              • Mar 2011

Thanks for the reply. I got this one sorted by a local Mazda garage (no longer a dealer) for 45 quid (half hour labour). Simple DPF light reset and codes cleared, seems we struck lucky this time

Comment

• MarkP
                • Apr 2012

The DPF light on these might flash due to Diesel contaminating the engine oil - so an engine oil and filter change may fix this issue as long as you carry out a DPF service reset and clear the engine management fault code memory!

The DPF light sometimes acts as a kind off service indicator - You can reset the DPF service counter with the latest software (11.4) from Snap On via the engine management system from memory.

Hope this helps.
                Last edited by MarkP; 04-26-2012, 12:01 PM.
                - Mark

Comment

• markt
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by MarkP
                  The DPF light on these flash due to Diesel contaminating the engine oil.

So the DPF light acts as a kind off service indicator - You can reset the DPF with the latest software (11.4) from Snap On via the engine management system from memory.

Hope this helps.
                  thats a new one...
                  a bit late to warn you that fuel has entered the engine and just needs resetting to fix it? thats how the post sounds so it may need modifying.the fuel fault is a common problem and at the minute is only fixed by a replacement engine .
                  the dpf warning light will cover just more than that problem i think ( if it does warn you about the fuel/oil mixing) more likely it will alert you of dpf regen time limit,temp,pressure faults etc etc.

Comment

• MarkP
                    • Apr 2012

I have seen this twice on the same vehicle, the DPF stops regenerating itself until the service counter has been reset.

As for fuel entering the engine, it must be by design as the dip stick has 2 high marks... I have not checked the oil level to see where it is before draining, but I bet its over the top high level mark - hence the DPF light flashing?

Oh, I didn't mean that an oil and filter change would always fix this issue.
                    - Mark

Comment

• andybaz
                      • Apr 2009

Some interesting views there, will bare in mind. Will also plug my new machine (markt) in when we get another, will also see about a diag write up, the launch was a little highly priced for what im aiming at
                      Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

Working...