Clear All
  • 74mopar
    • Aug 2014

no start

1999 chevy cavalier codes u1016 and p1629 stars and stalls
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Pull codes from the rest of the modules. With the SIR Module losing communication with the PCM, BCM or VCM it could be a bus problem. I'd check that first before I started diagnosing the Antitheft. Pulling the codes from the rest of the modules can help you confirm a bus problem if there are U codes in a bunch of them.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• dlm1
      • Jul 2014

Both Codes steer you towards the IPC module(there are 4 modules on the UART line EBCM, DERM, IPC, PCM ) Pin 9 of your DLC connector-TAN wires. My swag would be a shorted pass lock sensor since it is an integral part of the IPC. Think I have seen this before-shorted wires under the column going to the IPC from key switch

Does the Low Coolant, Low Oil and Volts light illuminate all the time, even when trying to start? Can you com with the IPC? If not try disconnecting the pass lock sensor, plugs into the back of the cluster(IPC) Can you com with IPC now? There are other things you could notice also to steer you towards a solution, does the theft light flash for 4 seconds and go off when you attempt to start, or does it flash for 10 minutes before it goes off? <--This is the effects AFTER you attempted to start the vehicle and left the key in the RUN position when it stalled.
      Unplugging Each of the 4 modules while monitoring your scanner/voltage level @ pin 9 of DLC between may help also.If one of the Tan wires(each one going to the respective noid) are shorted you probably would not get any com with car. Wiggle test is your Friend

Comment

Working...