Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob's Garage
    • Nov 2007

Virtual Keyboard can be resized

Wheel, There are two sizes of Virtual Key board and two contrasts, light and dark and also transparency level.

First click on the Virtual Keyboard Icon in the system tray, The control panel for Virtual Keyboard comes up:

20110312-0544-1.jpg

Large Light Keyboard :

20110312-0544-2.jpg

Small light keyboard:

20110312-0544-3.jpg

Small dark Keyboard:

20110312-0544-4.jpg

Large Dark Keyboard:

20110312-0545-1.jpg

Transparency is available also, but it the transparent V.K. will not show in a screenshot:

20110312-0604-2.jpg

Last edited by Bob's Garage; 03-11-2011, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Wheel
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Bob's Garage
      Wheel, There are two sizes of Virtual Key board and two conntrasts.

First click on the Virtual Keyboard Icon in the system tray, The control panel for Virtual Keyboard comes up:

[ATTACH]5858[/ATTACH]

Large Light Keyboard :

[ATTACH]5859[/ATTACH]

Small light keyboard

[ATTACH]5860[/ATTACH]

Small dark Keyboard:

[ATTACH]5861[/ATTACH]

Large Dark Keyboard:

[ATTACH]5862[/ATTACH]

Contrast is available also:

[ATTACH]5863[/ATTACH]

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll have to be fair and give 10.4 a point for this one. Thankfully, they must have already considered the issue I raised with it and actually made an improvement here.
      You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Bob's Garage
        • Nov 2007

Virtual Keyboard

Actually, the Virtual Keyboard has always been that way. That is one of the truly stable items since the inception of Atlas.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Bob's Garage
          Wheel, There are two sizes of Virtual Key board and two contrasts, light and dark and also transparency level.

[ATTACH]5858[/ATTACH]

Large Light Keyboard :

[ATTACH]5859[/ATTACH]

Small light keyboard:

[ATTACH]5860[/ATTACH]

Small dark Keyboard:

[ATTACH]5861[/ATTACH]

Large Dark Keyboard:

[ATTACH]5862[/ATTACH]

Transparency is available also, but it the transparent V.K. will not show in a screenshot:

[ATTACH]5864[/ATTACH]

SHOW OFF...

I Learn something new almost every day with you guys.

You may not be able to teach an old dog new tricks but in this case the old dogs are teaching the new dogs new tricks... LOL

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Skip
            I was looking at the numbers a bit different. It looks to me that 70% are satisfied with the new interface. 13 of 43 are not happy so 30 out 43 are. I am sure 100% want more. Statistics are funny things. That being said, 30% is too high of a dissatisfied rate.
            Naaaaw. I just looked at it.
            23% like it.
            32% HATE it.
            41% want to have a choice which is NOT an unequivocal confirmation of liking it.
            10.4 just plain sucks, and not just in the Verus

Comment

• Crusty
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
              SHOW OFF...

I Learn something new almost every day with you guys.

You may not be able to teach an old dog new tricks but in this case the old dogs are teaching the new dogs new tricks... LOL
              LOL----There's another old saying......
              Old Age and treachery will defeat youth and exuberance-!! LOL

Comment

• Crusty
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by greasybob
                Especially when driving the vehicle and even when in the shop, I select the data pids I want to graph, drive the vehicle until I've recreated the concern, stop , check the scanner and see if got a good capture with the pids I've chosen, save the data and continue until I'm satisfied I've recorded enough data. Then once back at the shop I take my recorded data and start to construct the graphs on the screen until I have the data arranged in a way where I can see the cause and effect of the inputs and outputs and determine where the failure lies, then check with the scope if necessary. As I understand 10.4 from what I've read here, much of this ability has been lost. Scanner data even when graphed in the service bay happens too quickly and should be recorded for further analysis. And should be able to be arranged in a fashion where you can compare the pids you choose. Arrange the graphs the way you want and drag the curser until you see the event in question and swap out pids from the ones that were recorded until you get a good picture of whats wrong. It is also useful for showing the costumer to explain the repairs or proving the repairs were made. As I'm sure Crusty would agree , it 's better to have good, accurate, useful data in black and white than all the colours and fancy icons with information that can't be arranged in a useful manner. .
                Exactly greasybob-!! Doesn't matter which scanner or meter either.
                Drive it, reproduce the issue, save the data several times and analyse that data for cause & effect-!
                Repair it, drive it again under the previously recorded conditions and PROVE that it's repaired.
                Then show the customer later. And if you save data, even known good data, it can be usefull for diagnosing other similar vehicles too.

Comment

• eddiesverus
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Crusty
                  Naaaaw. I just looked at it.
                  23% like it.
                  32% HATE it.
                  41% want to have a choice which is NOT an unequivocal confirmation of liking it.
                  10.4 just plain sucks, and not just in the Verus
                  Thank Crusty for clearing that up, apparantly SnapOn views it to there benifit and not our way. the 4th option doen't say that we are happy or like the new interface, it was an option to have both features of the old interface as well as the new. many of us including me voted twice, once on the I hate, and on want both poll. Please Skip,and all SnapOn guys involved in this thread, just listen to what we want and give it back thats all we are asking. remember that we are the guys that feed you not a CEO sitting on his lazy *** and becomming rich. we are the guys that pay all of you including that lazy CEO. So don't let us down again and just listen. This poll should of been started befor the interface change and get technicians thoughts before changing the product interface. right guys?
                  Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• edweinstein
                    • Sep 2009

Verus 10.4

The Verus Is Pretty Cool!!but When It Freezes After A Code Check And I Cant Get Out Of The (screen) No Back Icon,dealer Is No Help,help Line,ditto,my Time Is My Money,asshole From Tech Line Tells Me They Know About The Problem And Are Trying To Fix It.bull****!!!maybe I Have A Problem With My Checking Account And Cant Make My Payment!!! On Equip That Doesnt Work!!!

Comment

• edweinstein
                      • Sep 2009

Bull****

Originally posted by eddiesverus
                      I'm just curious to find out how many people like the New interface.
                      IT SUCKS

Comment

• Wheel
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Skip
                        I was looking at the numbers a bit different. It looks to me that 70% are satisfied with the new interface. 13 of 43 are not happy so 30 out 43 are. I am sure 100% want more. Statistics are funny things. That being said, 30% is too high of a dissatisfied rate.
                        It looks to me like someone is in denial. Kind of reminds me of the
                        Democrat attitude after the Republicans swept the House after the
                        election. Hopefully the new poll will clarify.
                        I hate admitting I made a mistake, too - but it is easier to do so than to
                        stubbornly stay with what isn't working out. Otc refused to fix their 4
                        channel scope on the Genisys and lost the trust (and business) of many.
                        Go on IATN's tool forum and just mention Genisys and see how many jump all over you. (I happen to like the Genisys but not the scope.)
                        Snap On is poised to make the same mistake with this Atlas interface.
                        If Snap On diagnostic products, particularly the Verus didn't matter to
                        me, I would just walk away from this, never again buy Snap On, and
                        not say another word, which is what many will wind up doing. We are
                        just a small sample of likeminded people out there. Only we are saying
                        something to give you a chance to correct this.
                        You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Sparkey
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Wheel
                          I would just walk away from this, never again buy Snap On, and not say another word, which is what many will wind up doing. We are
                          just a small sample of likeminded people out there. Only we are saying
                          something to give you a chance to correct this.
                          the problem here is, "WE" as consumers will never stick together! as long as some of us keep buying the stuff that is FORCED on us, they will NOT make any changes. I, for one, am NOT buying the 11.2 update unless they (snap-on) give us an option to pick either one (OR) go back to the 10.2 type interface!

now, how many of you will stand on that?? half will NOT get the job done... right?

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                            • Jan 2011

Please fix the scrolling ASAP!!!

Comment

• Jay G.
                              Administrator
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by eddiesverus
                              Thank Crusty for clearing that up, apparantly SnapOn views it to there benifit and not our way. the 4th option doen't say that we are happy or like the new interface, it was an option to have both features of the old interface as well as the new. many of us including me voted twice, once on the I hate, and on want both poll. Please Skip,and all SnapOn guys involved in this thread, just listen to what we want and give it back thats all we are asking. remember that we are the guys that feed you not a CEO sitting on his lazy *** and becomming rich. we are the guys that pay all of you including that lazy CEO. So don't let us down again and just listen. This poll should of been started befor the interface change and get technicians thoughts before changing the product interface. right guys?
                              Hi Eddie,
                              Yes we are listening to what you are saying here and we are working on getting the features from 10.2 back into the Atlas UI. Like I have stated in previous posts 10.2 UI will not be coming back. I will compile a list of the features that you would like back in the tool as well as any suggestions on new features or suggestions you mighgt have.

Jay

Comment

• Jay G.
                                Administrator
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by edweinstein
                                The Verus Is Pretty Cool!!but When It Freezes After A Code Check And I Cant Get Out Of The (screen) No Back Icon,dealer Is No Help,help Line,ditto,my Time Is My Money,asshole From Tech Line Tells Me They Know About The Problem And Are Trying To Fix It.bull****!!!maybe I Have A Problem With My Checking Account And Cant Make My Payment!!! On Equip That Doesnt Work!!!
                                Ed,
                                Tech line is correct we do know about that issue and we are working on the fix. I will find out when it will be released (it may already have been) what version of 10.4 are you running? have you down loaded any of the service releases?

Also please stop calling my tech line guys names I understand your frustration but it's not there fault.

Thanks
                                Jay

Comment

Working...