Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jfricks
    • Apr 2011

98eclipseRS

i recently purchased a 98 eclipse rs which was doing fine it started making a knocking noise i put 8 oz of seafoam in the crank case and the rest in the pcv valve and changed the oil to 10-40 didnt take care of the knocking noise just made it run better any clue to what the knocking noise might be some have said it might be a lifter others say exhaust leak it doesnt knock while idling just when push down on the gas pedal im lost so any help would be greatly appreciated
  • SnapOnKid
    • Jan 2011

This is not a repair forum. You might want to try a site like DSMtuners or DSMtalk.

Eclipse's are known to have Lifter issues however Lifters do not generally cause "Knocking" noises. Knocking noises are usually in the bottom end and could be any thing from a spun bearing, a bent rod, a collapesed or damaged piston.

But with out physically inspecting the vehical it could be any thing. You may be able to find a reputable DSM mechanic in your area on the sites listed above.

Good luck!!!

FWIW I use to have 96 GSX that I purchased from a customer. It was a fun car but very expensive...

Comment

• jfricks
      • Apr 2011

thanks for the reply. any info is greatly appreciated

Comment

Working...