Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ERIN
    • Jun 2010

2003 Saturn Vue Cvt Transmission

I Have A 2003 Saturn Vue With An Automatic Transmission The " Cvt " Type Of Transmission And I Been Getting Chatter / Vibration From 1st To 2nd Gear And So On. I Can Usually Drive Out Of It If I Go Slow

Does Anyone Have Any Ideas

THANKS ERIN PRECISION TUNE AUTO CARE IN MINNESOTA
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ERIN
    I Have A 2003 Saturn Vue With An Automatic Transmission The " Cvt " Type Of Transmission And I Been Getting Chatter / Vibration From 1st To 2nd Gear And So On. I Can Usually Drive Out Of It If I Go Slow

Does Anyone Have Any Ideas

THANKS ERIN PRECISION TUNE AUTO CARE IN MINNESOTA
    Erin
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you, some how I missed this post. Are there any codes in the engine or transmission? Do you see anything odd in the transmission data? These CVT transmissions are pretty much junk, if the vehicle has high mileage you maybe headed toward a new trans. Let us know about the codes and data, the more info you can give the better!

Steve

Comment

• Because
      • Jul 2010

Cvt

I agree that these transmissions are trouble prone. I have learned that there is a special additive for the fluid that needs to be refreshed occasionally. It's expensive. I realize that changing the ATF has NEVER fixed a buggy trans. However - if it were mine I'd refresh the additive and see if that helps.

Comment

• DrTranny
        • Oct 2010

That's A Preety Good Little Tranny. Seems To Me That You're Low On Fluid Or Your Fluid Is Deterioated. I Don't Recomend An Additive For This Unit. Then Again The Filter Is Internal. What I Would Do Is Change The Fluid. You Can Buy The Fluid At Any Gm Dealer. They Sellit By The Gallon...about 70 Bucks...yes I Know Is Expensive. There Is No Dipstick On This One. You Have A Small Allen Or Torx Plug At The Bottom Of The Tranny, You Put Fluid In It Until You Have A Steady Stream Comming Out...with The Engine Running...thet's Your Full Mark. The Fluid Is Kind Of Blue In Color, If Your Fluid Is Dark Brown Or Any Other Dark Color, Then Your Fluid Os No Good. This Is A Belt Driven Tranny, Like A Go-kart So To Speak, But It Uses A Metal Belt Against 2 Metal Pullies, So Bad Fluid...or The Wrong Fluid ...will Cause The Belt To Slip Making It Feel Like A Shudder. Driving It Like This For Too Long Will Damage The Pullies And The Belt...there Went $2 To $3000 Down The Drain(ouch)! I Would Do This Asap. Good Luck.

Comment

• michaelsmith
          • Aug 2011

here's a link regarding the CVT tranny issues

kinda been puzzled as well too coz it seems that drivers have difficult time adjusting to the mechanical of the transmission.
          best cars are fixed with the best tools
          Snap on
          Isuzu Truck Accessories

Comment

Working...