Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kebo1970
    • Nov 2008

honda functional tests

i've worked on several honda cars(03-05) that have a functional test menu on the scanner(solus pro 10.2). when you try to activate any of the functions like compressor relay the screen will say that function is not for this car. there are about ten functions listed and only (3) or (4) actually work. there have been other threads about wanting more makes(jaguar/volvo) added to the scanners. please improve on what's covered in the scanner now(honda, nissan, mitsubishi, etc). i hope some one is listening. i'll be more specific in my next thread with vin#s. i do like the time saver menu in troubleshooter. the cylinder layout info saves time.
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by kebo1970
    i've worked on several honda cars(03-05) that have a functional test menu on the scanner(solus pro 10.2). when you try to activate any of the functions like compressor relay the screen will say that function is not for this car. there are about ten functions listed and only (3) or (4) actually work. there have been other threads about wanting more makes(jaguar/volvo) added to the scanners.
    please improve on what's covered in the scanner now
    (honda, nissan, mitsubishi, etc).
    i hope some one is listening.
    i'll be more specific in my next thread with vin#s. i do like the time saver menu in troubleshooter. the cylinder layout info saves time.
    Those are a couple of interesting comments (and I agree)

Comment

• Skip
      Super Moderator
      • Apr 2008

Are you referring to a list in the Troubleshooter or on the main menu?

Comment

• Jay G.
        Administrator
        • Dec 2006

i've worked on several honda cars(03-05) that have a functional test menu on the scanner(solus pro 10.2). when you try to activate any of the functions like compressor relay the screen will say that function is not for this car. there are about ten functions listed and only (3) or (4) actually work. there have been other threads about wanting more makes(jaguar/volvo) added to the scanners. please improve on what's covered in the scanner now(honda, nissan, mitsubishi, etc). i hope some one is listening. i'll be more specific in my next thread with vin#s. i do like the time saver menu in troubleshooter. the cylinder layout info saves time.
        Hi Kebo,
        Yes we are listening, I have asked the engineering group to look into this. You also mentioned Nissan and Mitsubishi what type of improvements would you like to see?

Jay
        Last edited by Jay G.; 08-16-2010, 02:27 PM. Reason: added more

Comment

• kebo1970
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Skip
          Are you referring to a list in the Troubleshooter or on the main menu?
          the functional tests in the main menu
          ENGINE DATA
          CODES DISPLAY
          GENERIC FUNCTIONS
          FUNCTIONAL TEST
          TROUBLESHOOTER

Comment

• kebo1970
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Jay G.
            Hi Kebo,
            Yes we are listening, I have asked the engineering group to look into this. You also mentioned Nissan and Mitsubishi what type of improvements would you like to see?

Jay
            ON THE HONDA I WOULD LIKE TO ACTIVATE(KEY ON ENG. OFF) THE A/C COMPRESSOR, FUEL PUMP, COOLING FANS, INJECTORS, AND EVAP COMPONENTS
            I MENTIONED THE OTHER CAR BRANDS AS AN EXAMPLE. IMPROVEMENTS ON THE CAR BRANDS IN THE SCANNER NOW WOULD MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE THAN ADDING MORE GENERIC INFO OR WIRELESS FOR MORE MAKES AND MODELS. THIS WAS AN 03-05 ACCORD AND CIVIC THAT I COULD NOT PERFORM THE FUNCTIONAL TEST ON.
            Last edited by kebo1970; 08-16-2010, 05:55 PM. Reason: GRAMMAR

Comment

• Jay G.
              Administrator
              • Dec 2006

I talked to the software engineers and Honda Factory techs. The Snap-on vehicle communication behaves the same way as the factory tool (Honda HDS).

Jay

Comment

• kebo1970
                • Nov 2008

Honda

does that mean it can't be fixed or won't be fixed?

Comment

• Steve6911
                  • Feb 2007

does that mean it can't be fixed or won't be fixed?
                  Kebo
                  It does not mean that it won't be fixed. I think what Jay was saying is that Snap-on is trying to make the Scanner work in the same manner as the OE scanner for each make. The problems you are having are broken tests. What would help A LOT is if you have a problem List the year, make, model, engine size and the first 10 digits of the Vin. Snap-on needs to be able to duplicate the problem that you are having so they can see what is going wrong so they can fix it. Without the correct info from the user having an issue it is very difficult to fix the problem.

Steve

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                    Snap-on DSD
                    • Aug 2007

If the SO scanner works like the OEM one on a specific test, that means the error is with the vehicle and not the scanner. I see it several times/year, and it's caused by a software bug or design error in the PCM.

Joe
                    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                    Henry Ford

Comment

• AutoTech
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
                      If the SO scanner works like the OEM one on a specific test, that means the error is with the vehicle and not the scanner. I see it several times/year, and it's caused by a software bug or design error in the PCM.

Joe

Hi Joe
                      I'm not sure if Kebo's having the exact problem I'm having but I can't get any Honda function test to work on my Verus and I mean none of them to work. I get the same error message every time, the car doesn't support this function. I don't have year and makes on file but none of them have worked for me. I can use the Launch on the same car and all is good so I'm not sure how it's the PCM fault. Next time I have a Honda in I'll try some test and then post year make and vin for the software engineers to look into.
                      Mike

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                        Snap-on DSD
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by AutoTech
                        Hi Joe
                        I'm not sure if Kebo's having the exact problem I'm having but I can't get any Honda function test to work on my Verus and I mean none of them to work. I get the same error message every time, the car doesn't support this function. I don't have year and makes on file but none of them have worked for me. I can use the Launch on the same car and all is good so I'm not sure how it's the PCM fault. Next time I have a Honda in I'll try some test and then post year make and vin for the software engineers to look into.
                        Mike
                        In that case we DEFINITELY know it's the scanner's fault. Please grab the 1st 10 of the VIN and which tests don't work. I've only used the EVAP Tests on a Honda so far...and only on a couple of cars. I will be sure to check any one I can get my hands on now.
                        Thanks!

Joe
                        Henry Ford

Comment

• kebo1970
                          • Nov 2008

your right on the money autotech we do have the same problem on honda's. all you really have is a code reader and generic info when the functional tests do not work. i'll have a vin# hopefully this week. functional tests are VERY important. if i can activate cooling fans or a fuel pump when commanded by the scanner; half of my diagnosis is done by eliminating wiring,pcm, or the object i'm activating. i'm flagging down the first honda i see on monday(03-05 honda).

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                            Snap-on DSD
                            • Aug 2007

your right on the money autotech we do have the same problem on honda's. all you really have is a code reader and generic info when the functional tests do not work. i'll have a vin# hopefully this week. functional tests are VERY important. if i can activate cooling fans or a fuel pump when commanded by the scanner; half of my diagnosis is done by eliminating wiring,pcm, or the object i'm activating. i'm flagging down the first honda i see on monday(03-05 honda).
                            Very good. Snap-on just started adding tests for Honda recently, as I'm sure you know. They are still adding more. Maybe we can start a thread on the "What do I want" Forum about what tests are most important to you on Hondas, and we can put the non-working tests in that same thread.

Joe
                            Henry Ford

Comment

• starkbuckner
                              • Aug 2010

I support this thread

Hello, I definitely agree that there needs to be more tests functions as well as calibration functions for the Solus Pro. Please hurry Snap-on!

Comment

Working...