X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eddiesverus
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Sky Masterson
    Okay.

Yeah, I saw the scope too; scope and scanner combo ... around 4 grand.

I'd love to have a scope but I'm going to wait till I can afford a really decent one.

EDIT:

I was thinking of another scanner ($4000) which has a scope sold separately from the unit. The Genysis has a optional scope software, I guess.
    Hey the Genisys comes in different packages depending on what you need. but don't spend all your money on just one platform. remember what I said. you will need more than one scanner. save some money so you can also buy a snapon scanner. Genisys is a good starter as it was for me. buy it simple domestic and asian. As you use it you'll know what you'll need as far as the cables you won't need them as much mainly the smart cable is all you need. I bought the asian cables and they are just sitting. the OTC euro is weak and I don't recommend it at this time wait to see if they improve it. Snappy has better euro coverages now. So Yes the ATS escan is generic only but it has a mode6 decoder that's well worth it and a MAF sensor and volumemetric efficiency tester and also a catalytic converter efficiency tester. As far as for smogs repairs it's all you need and its BAR approved. good luck.
    Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• Sky Masterson
      • May 2011

Originally posted by eddiesverus
      Hey the Genisys comes in different packages depending on what you need. but don't spend all your money on just one platform. remember what I said. you will need more than one scanner. save some money so you can also buy a snapon scanner. Genisys is a good starter as it was for me. buy it simple domestic and asian. As you use it you'll know what you'll need as far as the cables you won't need them as much mainly the smart cable is all you need. I bought the asian cables and they are just sitting. the OTC euro is weak and I don't recommend it at this time wait to see if they improve it. Snappy has better euro coverages now. So Yes the ATS escan is generic only but it has a mode6 decoder that's well worth it and a MAF sensor and volumemetric efficiency tester and also a catalytic converter efficiency tester. As far as for smogs repairs it's all you need and its BAR approved. good luck.

I love the Mode$6 conversion, and the cat and MAF tester of the Escan. I wish the Genysis also had these options, but I guess we can't have it all.

Anyway, I just ordered a Genysis from an authorized dealer, and this one comes with the Domestic and Asian cables. I think I got a pretty good deal.

Comment

• Sky Masterson
        • May 2011

Originally posted by Crusty
        The Geni scope is a module that plugs into the back of the unit and is about the same size as the display screen. It is both software and hardware. It just uses the display screen and the button pad of the original unit.
        I agree with Orevin.

IMO:
        Use a scanner for scanning....
        Use a scope for scoping.....
        Anything else is a compromize....
        Could not agree more.

Comment

• lortech
          • May 2011

There are pros and cons to all in one, vs seperate units

There is that potential, that if your modis goes down, and needs to be sent in for repair, you will be left with nothing to troubleshoot with.

On the other hand, if a solus goes down ie, power supply for example, then you have your scope such as a vantage pro still working and something to work with.

It was a toss up between eBay, and Craigslist. It took me a good two weeks to call lots of solus pros for sale on Craigslist. Eventually settled for one at 65% off from a snap-on dealer getting out of the business. It came with asian and domestic version 10.4. I used a online escrow system that held my funds and I could not take out even if the scanner was delivered to my door. When it was delivered, I had a 2-3 day inspection period in which if I was not satisfied it could shipped back back to the seller and get my money back. In this case, It was what I wanted, minus one of the keys. So it all worked out well.

Comment

• jteck1
            • Aug 2011

what to buy

remember you get what you pay for. otc sucks.used genisus and pygusis . dont do it man.

Comment

Working...