Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trindaddy
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by scottgroen
    THIS is a very popular misconception you young guys seem to have- RESPECT is earned, not purchased. I know it would be easier that way, but life sucks.
    No one on these forums should have to "earn" anything. Respect should be universal, mutual, and free to anyone who wishes to be a supporter/member. This is not an exclusive, private club as some of you appear to think it is.

Comment

• Trindaddy
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Matt_Ragsdale
      Look. You sent me an email that asked me to look at the exchange between Scott and you. I did that. So I addressed the original post where Scott responded to you. I gave you my input like you asked.

I don't know what else you want from me. You told me you did not want me to take sides, and I did not. I just did as you asked. Nothing more.

Yet that is not enough. You are acting like a child who is arguing with another child and playing the he said she said game.

I think you really need to step back, take a few deep breaths and realize that the argument with Scott is not that important.

For anyone that wants to read that what I say here is a fact, here is the link to the post I put up right after I read his email asking me for my input:

[...trimmed text...]I'd say you are probably wrong. Even if the MAF really was underreporting airflow and cleaning it fixed it, it likely didn't cause low fuel economy figures on the display.

So even though I was asked for my input and I gave it, and asked not to take sides and didn't, he comes out throwing stones at me and iATN claiming that nobody stood up for him to give him ammo he was right. He is a liar. I told him he was right, but that's not good enough. Even though he asked me not to take sides he wanted me or someone else to chastise Scott, even though I am not sure others are really clear what the childish little argument was about.

Good lord.

Rags
      Your just mad that you ever agreed with me. Then you, when it suits you, cloudy the waters with stuff like "i'm not sure i really understood what you meant", ""kinda childish dont cha think".... You want it both ways. You want to agree with the crowd thats right but you don't want to be on the side of the guy who's rightfully pissed off, but not part of the usual cast of sharks in the water.
      So it goes, as i predicted. The same forum buzzards, preying on the little guy. Line by line, word by word, misconstruing and twisting the truth. Any normal person knew what i meant. My point was simple, especially for a smart guy like you. Now, as usual, it is my behavior that is to blame. This time i'm standing up for myself, get used to it.

Neil

Comment

• Trindaddy
        • Jan 2010

iATN is far better than Identifix and better than the forums here for certain things.

He had a disagreement with a guy over there, and I am not even sure the two were arguing about the same thing. Most times folks don't even bother reading an argument between two people, especially when they BOTH end up being a bit childish. Stepping in the middle just gets mud on you, as Neil has shown here. Against my better judgment I stepped in and did as he asked, and look what it got me. Now I have just as much mud on me as those two...and all I did was offer help. It's been my experience that any forum can be that way.

Some folks just need thicker skin, I suppose. I am often left wondering if they dwell on things in their real lives as much as they do things on the internet. If they do, I wonder how they function. One certainly can't be a successful technician without thick skin...you get chewed up and spit out rather quickly.

Rags
        Welcome to the IATN forums:

Bring your thickest skin and flamesuit and leave your pride at home. If you dont have these items they can be "earned" over time through submission, humiliation, and wasting your time.

I must say however, IATN as a whole is a huge resource in many ways and is one of my most valued tools. The overwhelming majority of supporters are great to associate with and are very knowledgeable and gracious.

Comment

• Matt_Ragsdale
          • Jul 2008

Neil,

Your little argument was going back and forth so much I couldn't keep track of the he said, she said bullcrap that was going on.

So I kept it simple. I responded to the post where it all started and gave my input.

I have no idea what you two are bickering about and don't really care. I merely did AS YOU FREAKING ASKED!!!!!!!!! I gave my input without taking sides.

Get over yourself. You are not a victim. You are childish.

Rags

Comment

• sbreland73
            • Jan 2009

iATN is far better than Identifix and better than the forums here for certain things.

He had a disagreement with a guy over there, and I am not even sure the two were arguing about the same thing. Most times folks don't even bother reading an argument between two people, especially when they BOTH end up being a bit childish. Rags
            I fail to see how paying to see adults argue is far better than a site with proven results, and a support system in place. Identifix has posts of verified repairs, and a staff of competent Techs that can assist if you have an issue. To each their own I suppose. I am glad to see that THIS forum has very little of that behavior.
            S. Breland

Comment

• Matt_Ragsdale
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Trindaddy
              Your just mad that you ever agreed with me. Then you, when it suits you, cloudy the waters with stuff like "i'm not sure i really understood what you meant", ""kinda childish dont cha think".... You want it both ways. You want to agree with the crowd thats right but you don't want to be on the side of the guy who's rightfully pissed off, but not part of the usual cast of sharks in the water.
              So it goes, as i predicted. The same forum buzzards, preying on the little guy. Line by line, word by word, misconstruing and twisting the truth. Any normal person knew what i meant. My point was simple, especially for a smart guy like you. Now, as usual, it is my behavior that is to blame. This time i'm standing up for myself, get used to it.

Neil
              Neil,

You are a liar.

1. I did not say I didn't understand what you said. I said I was pretty confident with what you meant.

2. You claimed I did not back you up. I did. And you failed to admit you were wrong in claiming I did not back you up on iATN.

3. In your email, you told me you did not want me to take sides. It is very clear from your behavior towards me here and on iATN that is EXACTLY what you wanted. You wanted me to thump on Scott. When you found out that I wouldn't be your hit man, you got all pissy and made personal attacks to me here and on iATN.

4. I don't agree with any "crowd". I don't even know what crowd you are talking about. I only gave my input where you asked for it and how you asked for it.

5. Your point was simple. I responded to it, disagreed where I disagreed, and agreed where I agreed. I didn't get personal with you. I never threw stones. I didn't call you names. Yet here you are starting a thread throwing stones at me, and continue to do so.

Had Scott asked me to look at the thread and he behaved the way you did after I gave my input, you bet your *** I would have told him he was being childish. Because then I would have a beef with him. But he didn't drag me into it. You did. Then you threw me under the bus and ran over me with it. Then you wonder why I am only responding to you.

It's simple. I don't care about your little pissing match. I don't even know what you two are arguing about and don't care to know. I only gave my input where it was asked, and am now defending myself from your lies.

Rags

Comment

• Matt_Ragsdale
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by sbreland73
                I fail to see how paying to see adults argue is far better than a site with proven results, and a support system in place. Identifix has posts of verified repairs, and a staff of competent Techs that can assist if you have an issue. To each their own I suppose. I am glad to see that THIS forum has very little of that behavior.
                I don't have to pay for iATN. In fact I don't at this time. I contribute to iATN because it has given me far more than any other single resource out there and feel it is important to pay back for which I have benefitted from.

I don't want a "support system" or "proven results" for my diagnostic troubles. I don't want verified "repairs". I want to learn how things work so I can use a logical problem solving process to diagnose the vehicle so I can affect a proper and efficient repair.

I tried Identifix for a while and found it to be far less than helpful. The verified repairs were a joke. I learned nothing from Identifix to be honest.

It may be the bees knees for some folks, and that is fine. To each his own. It's not for me.

Take care,

Rags

Comment

• Trindaddy
                  • Jan 2010

Neil,

You are a liar.

1. I did not say I didn't understand what you said. I said I was pretty confident with what you meant.

2. You claimed I did not back you up. I did. And you failed to admit you were wrong in claiming I did not back you up on iATN.

3. In your email, you told me you did not want me to take sides. It is very clear from your behavior towards me here and on iATN that is EXACTLY what you wanted. You wanted me to thump on Scott. When you found out that I wouldn't be your hit man, you got all pissy and made personal attacks to me here and on iATN.

4. I don't agree with any "crowd". I don't even know what crowd you are talking about. I only gave my input where you asked for it and how you asked for it.

5. Your point was simple. I responded to it, disagreed where I disagreed, and agreed where I agreed. I didn't get personal with you. I never threw stones. I didn't call you names. Yet here you are starting a thread throwing stones at me, and continue to do so.

Had Scott asked me to look at the thread and he behaved the way you did after I gave my input, you bet your *** I would have told him he was being childish. Because then I would have a beef with him. But he didn't drag me into it. You did. Then you threw me under the bus and ran over me with it. Then you wonder why I am only responding to you.

It's simple. I don't care about your little pissing match. I don't even know what you two are arguing about and don't care to know. I only gave my input where it was asked, and am now defending myself from your lies.

Rags
                  "We" have long finished argueing. It seems it is only you and i now. You are displaying the exact behavior that i have mentioned with your name-calling, insults, and line by line disection of my posts. Its ok for you to miss that part, not notice this part, lose track of the flow but heaven forbid someone else do it. Its fine for you to throw "liar" and other names out there, but not accept any criticism. Its ok for you to make a case of me but not take the initiative to intervene with someone who is wrong and making mistatements and digs. I am tired of this referring back, re-reading, and quoting stuff. Everyone can easily see how this started and how it will end. I'll let you have the last word, i'm done.....

Neil

Comment

• Crusty
                    • Dec 2007

There are some people on IATN who have NO RESPECT for anyone else, yet they believe they "know it all". A certain amount of respect, is indeed, a given. The accolade of HIGH respect is earned. Common courtesy without snide remarks is expected, yet snide remarks ABOUND on IATN.

There are also some who are masters of the "he said she said" game, in which words are usually twisted around to satisfy the masters' idea of what is "professional", and are bent to totally misconstrue what the original poster was trying to say.
                    I can't definitavely remember the lady's name, but one gal sure put it right......she said something to the effect that some people will apologize to your face profusely for something they never said, yet in the anonimity of the internet, they will NOT apologize for something they DID say, even when ultimately they are wrong. These people will routinely engage in "internet combat" in an effort to make themselves feel bigger than the rest.

I think there is a big difference between people who are "clever" and people who are smart.

I have my bones to pick with SnapOn on this site, but ultimately, a better, complete, and accurate scan tool (regardless of which platform), hopefully can result.

As far as I'm concerned, I have no problem with ANY of Neils' posts, but then again that is just my opinion.
                    I'm sure glad "flame suits" aren't necessary here (usually)

Comment

• Matt_Ragsdale
                      • Jul 2008

I apologize for calling you a liar. That was over the top.

Take care,

Rags

Comment

• EBI Webmaster
                        Administrator
                        • Sep 2006

Forum Guidelines

I would like to take a minute to remind all posters in this thread about the guidelines that we enforce on this forum. And I apologize in advance to anyone that is having to take their valuable time to read this post if this does not apply to you.

Personal attacks, belittling and bullying are not tolerated on this forum. This is intended to be a safe place for Auto Techs to gain knowledge and information towards the ultimate goal of becoming a more efficient and knowledgeable technician.

As technicians we all use facts and logic to diagnose and fix vehicles. But we also all know that intuition, and collaboration with our peers, are also powerful tools toward that end game, of understanding and repairing cars.

So let’s keep this a friendly place where people can come for help, without having to navigate a mine field of insults and name calling.

.... Thank you all for your participation in the Snap-on Product Forums.
                        Now let’s get back to helping each other understand and repair cars.
                        http://askatech.snapon.com

Comment

Working...