Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIKE007
    • May 2009

Toyota Tercel Manufacture Bad Wiring On Injectors

I have seen 3 Toyota Tercels with the same manufacture bad wiring.I personally own a 93 tercel. I don't know why mechanics or engineers have said nothing about this in the past years that i know. The fuel injectors sigal wires on 4 cylinders have continuity. They should only have cylinders #1and3 (white wire) and cylinder #2 and 4 (yellow wire) having continuity, not all 4 cylinders at the same time. To fix this problem is more easier if you take the whole harness out from the inside (ecm) to the outside of engine....The bad wiring is located at the firewall harness location, they have joints. You have to seperate them. I have notice this problems because most Tercels dont pass the California smog test and the most cases Tercels have really bad odor on exhaust pipe. Im guessing Dealer engineers didn't talk about it back then because they didn't wanted to get comebacks with that error.This 93 Tercel that im working on (my car), after i fixed this problem has increased hp and mpg's. The exact hp number i still don't know yet, but i know for sure has more power. The only thing i know exactly increased is mpg's. This car is giving me 45 mpg in highway. Before the repair was giving around 30 mpg, an increased 15 miles more!!! Can't wait to take it at the dyno for hp check-up.
Working...