verus software shuts down after 12.2

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ManicMechanic
    • Jun 2012

I tried to use the scan module again today. I paid closer attention to the details of the error message. It says what others here on this thread have mentioned already. It is the "Application Launcher" error message. My Snap On distributor comes by on Monday and I will ask him to load the 12.2 update on my Verus again to see if that gets it to working again. Otherwise, I will need to get it sent in for repair because it is no good to me as it is now. Anyway, if anybody is reading this and has any thoughts on a resolution to this problem let me know please. Thanks.

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there.

Comment

• sbreland73
      • Jan 2009

Call tech support, they will direct you to the "Customer Care Referal page" that has a download patch to fix you up.
      S. Breland

Comment

• ManicMechanic
        • Jun 2012

Today is the day that my Snap On rep comes by our shop. I told him about the problem and he called up Snap On support and got me on the phone with one of the tech support guys. Problem is solved, and here is the way it was done.

With tech support on the phone, he basically asked me when the problem started, what the error message said, and what I had tried to do on my own to resolve the problem. Next, he asked me to turn on the Verus, get online, and log on to Go2snap.com where he then gave me a series of password codes that I entered on my end, that gave the tech support rep remote access to my Verus computer online. He then went through directories and looked at my machine as I watched the cursor moving around on my display as he was opening and closing files and looking at things. At the end, he directed me to get a USB keypad (after he got off the phone with me), and reboot the machine while holding down the left ALT key, to perform a system restore operation. I did as he said, and now the Verus is up and running again, basically configured to the "as originally sold" settings. The scanner, OBD II Direct, and Component Tests all work again like before.

I want to say thanks to the technical support guy, who I believe is Rene. He did a terrific job today. I am a long time Snap On customer of over 30 years. The product support I got today from the local distributor that comes to my shop, to the tech support guy on the other end of the phone (and my Verus' computer screen) did an awesome job and remind me why I buy Snap On in the first place. Thanks again. And thanks to those that participate on this forum for giving me some ideas to try before going to the next level. Hope this post helps somebody else in the future.

Comment

Working...