Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bmaxim15
    • Feb 2015

Ford OCS Reset

2007 Ford Fusion with Occupant Classification Sensor code B1342. First step is to do a system reset before the Zero weight reset. Can not find this reset option on the Verus Pro or on FMP. Is this an IDS reset only function?
  • peter94
    • Jul 2015

Does anyone have any other info on this? I have the EXACT same problem with the EXACT same car. When I go into OCS data - it says "Calibration status - Fail, Abnormal Weight".

This is after I replaced the seat track sensors. Is the Verus Pro not capable of this?

Thanks,
    Peter

Comment

• ptebo2
      • Oct 2017

Ford OCS Reset

LISTEN! Snap-On DOES have this procedure. So I just took on a side job from a guy who sells cars and his body shop gave up on trying to fix his OCS system. The company I work for actually has IDS and will let me use it, so I took on the job no problem. Like you probably had I first had code b2290 and I replaced both rail sensors with used sensors. After trying my Snap-On Verus scanner many times I took the car to my work and tried IDS to no avail. got the same b1342 code. So I took the car home and put another set of used rail sensors in it along with a used module. Tried my Snap-On scanner with the functional test it gives seeing as how when you click on it it gives you the exact same preliminaries as IDS does when you click on its reset procedure. and even says OCS RESET at the very top after you click on the ZERO WEIGHT PROCEDURE button. So it is actually the reset procedure I believe. I also think it is the zero weight procedure combined cause it was all I actually needed to turn off the air bag light eventually in my case.

Comment

Working...