Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Member General Discussion Forum > General Discussions > SureTrack User Group
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 07-27-2015, 06:51 AM

TJAlexander Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

I would say it's more that it is a different creature then the Suretrack site. Different navigation and different ways to do things is what throws a lot of people.

I only found out about this site after Eric showed it to me while I was at his shop. Is there a direct link from Suretrack to this site? That would go a long way towards getting more traffic here and letting people know it exists at all.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:13 AM

Nick_Taylor Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJAlexander View Post
I would say it's more that it is a different creature then the Suretrack site. Different navigation and different ways to do things is what throws a lot of people.

I only found out about this site after Eric showed it to me while I was at his shop. Is there a direct link from Suretrack to this site? That would go a long way towards getting more traffic here and letting people know it exists at all.
There is not a direct link inside SureTrack to this forum. I do post an invite occasionally in SureTrack in the Latest Questions list. Just did it again this morning.

I could add a link in the FAQ page if people think that would help. However the FAQ page is available to anyone visiting the SureTrack site regardless if they're a member or not. This may lead to random people joining the User Group Forum.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:34 AM

dodge90 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

I can't see how this site is hard to navagate. I'm not that computer savy and had no problems finding what I needed here. Personaly I think its a great site and the help you get is awsome from other members pluss the general forum is a great place to vent, bust chops, or just through the bull. Like reading all the inputs.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:55 AM

Nick_Taylor Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
One thing about this site is, I wish it would automatically take a jpg file and resize it so they arn't so huge on the screen but alas, apparently it isn't important and niether is the bitmap size either.
What size would you want it to resize them to? The ones you posted above are 1280 pixels wide. Did you resize those ones before uploading them?

They are looking into the upload settings now.

As for the problem with the scanner, I assume you have reported that in the appropriate tool discussion. I don't follow those ones.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:44 AM

Crusty You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Hey Nick.
I don't know what size would make ordinary Jpegs fit so you csn still see the picture without them overpowering the post... As it is now I have my phone camera set to a medium setting which serves its purposes well.
I don't find phones as handy for doing things like resizing a pic as an ordinary laptop or desktop. I just grabbed the phone to take pics of the spelling issue.
Uploaded directly from the phone instead of transferring to a computer, then resizing, then uploading.....too many steps.....
The bitmap images that is the only option on the Solus ULTRA are 751 kb and ONE takes longer than all five pics I uploaded here -!!! Since I'm the " only one" they ignore me...typical....
Old 07-27-2015, 01:18 PM

They found a setting and set it to resize anything over 1024x1024. Here are a couple larger images that I'm uploading to test it.

G04623136.jpg
42257.jpg
Old 07-27-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Taylor View Post
They found a setting and set it to resize anything over 1024x1024. Here are a couple larger images that I'm uploading to test it.
Ok, it shrank them down to fit the width. If you can give it a try and let me know what happens. I can split this off into a different topic to keep this one clean afterward.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:42 PM

Crusty You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Taylor View Post
Ok, it shrank them down to fit the width. If you can give it a try and let me know what happens. I can split this off into a different topic to keep this one clean afterward.
Hey Nick'!!! THAT sure sounds like it was an easy fix.

Here's two of the previous pics exactly the same as I sent them last time.
I can understand the spell check flagging a word but these two it didn't "like" but it didn't know why so there was no suggestion...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150725_205414.jpg (160.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20150725_205349.jpg (181.8 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Crusty; 07-27-2015 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: fat fingers on a cellphone
Old 07-27-2015, 02:54 PM

Hello again Nick.
THAT certainly made a difference. Another one size down from the 1280 to the 1024 to the next one I would say would be perfect.
My computer at home has a wide screen monitor so it isn't too hard to sweep back & forth but the 1024 was pretty good.
It made a much bigger difference on my cell phone and one more size down from 1024 might make them all fit perfectly.
It is better and thank you-!!
What is the next setting down-?? Maybe-??

THANK YOU-!!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
Hello again Nick.
THAT certainly made a difference. Another one size down from the 1280 to the 1024 to the next one I would say would be perfect.
My computer at home has a wide screen monitor so it isn't too hard to sweep back & forth but the 1024 was pretty good.
It made a much bigger difference on my cell phone and one more size down from 1024 might make them all fit perfectly.
It is better and thank you-!!
What is the next setting down-?? Maybe-??

THANK YOU-!!!!!!!!
We can pretty much set it at anything. But it affects the entire forum. I'm waiting to get feedback from the moderators of the other areas to see where we go next. It was originally set to be 3000x3000 pixels.