Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > ShopStream Connect User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 03-23-2016, 06:19 AM

snapon20r Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Shopstream on smart phone

Will shopstream connect work on a smart phone?
Old 03-23-2016, 11:11 AM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

SSC is a windows PC based system, but I don't know if it would even be compatible with a Windows Smart Phone if a App can't be found , let alone an Android system smart phone or Apple I phone, or Ubuntu Guess you would have to provide more information about the specifics of your Smart phone. Whether it is compatible with simpler Windows based program would be a good start to gauge if it has a better chance than a f@rt in a wind storm of working.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:35 AM

Wheel Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

I would think the small screen of a smart phone would defeat the purpose of Shopstream. By the time you added a microscope to read everything... oh well.
Now a tablet would be a different story.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:57 PM

snapon20r Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Tried it, it does not work.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:37 AM

Flatrater Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel View Post
I would think the small screen of a smart phone would defeat the purpose of Shopstream. By the time you added a microscope to read everything... oh well.
Now a tablet would be a different story.
There is software that will display files on a phone or tablet using a modern browser, but after a good deal of effort, the support for those was put aside.

Dealing with all of the "gesture" commands with various devices, made it a programming nightmare.

SSC is a Windows based application, I would not expect a port to any other platform (IOS, Android, etc) in the foreseeable future, if ever.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:05 AM

Wheel Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrater View Post
There is software that will display files on a phone or tablet using a modern browser, but after a good deal of effort, the support for those was put aside.

Dealing with all of the "gesture" commands with various devices, made it a programming nightmare.

SSC is a Windows based application, I would not expect a port to any other platform (IOS, Android, etc) in the foreseeable future, if ever.
I can't see any reason to port Shopstream over to those platforms at this time, either. What I have trouble understanding is why someone would want to put information from a device with a relatively small screen, say a Solus Edge, on an even smaller screen - their smart phone. I'd think you'd want to use Shopstream when you want to see "the big picture".
Old 01-25-2017, 02:53 PM

scottmechanics Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Smart phone or tablet

Hello every one

I think it about time snap on got a app on apple or android
Looking at your work on a iPad would be nice
Saying that I don't own a windows 10 tablet
Would any one have some pictures of ssc on a windows 10 tablet
��
Old 01-25-2017, 02:57 PM

scottmechanics Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Ssc app

I use smart notebook on a iPad and that's pc based software
How hard can it be
Old 01-27-2017, 11:45 PM

crackerclicker Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Well, it's an option. Good luck.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/features/
Old 01-28-2017, 09:15 PM

Default 31.90. Uk pounds per month

It an extremely expensive option