Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Verus User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 08-21-2017, 11:46 AM

Wheel Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel View Post
A new Verus already? My predictions:

1.Verus pro and Verdict will no longer be supported after 18.2

2. the new Verus will have the same "new and improved" scope the Modis ultra/edge and vantage ultra have - 2 or 4 channels, maybe but minus the
dedicated ignition features and the built in transducer/rpm port and other features WILL be missing.

3. possibly missing at least one of the usb ports and/or the micro sd card port

4. bios WILL be password locked ( which should be illegal. it's like selling someone a house, but locking them out of their utility room)

5. hard drive permanently attached to motherboard so it can't be changed or upgraded

I don't know why a new Verus - hardwarewise, the edge is pretty good.
I would have suggested a much larger hard drive, possibly accessible from outside without unit disassembly, a return of the directional navigation keys that the pro had, and possibly a MORE capable scope with ADDED features.

The biggest bone I have to pick with the Verus series is the features they took away with 10.4 and never returned - and that's SOFTWARE !!!

Let's see how well I predicted.
If my prediction (#1) is true, do you really trust them enough to buy another expensive high end tool that is only supported for too brief a time?
Old 08-21-2017, 12:42 PM

SnapOnKid Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel View Post
If my prediction (#1) is true, do you really trust them enough to buy another expensive high end tool that is only supported for too brief a time?
I just bought a gen 4 recently to replace my gen2 so if that were true, then No I would not!!!

And While I like the new one, I dont have the time to log the issues with the current software bugs I have found.

Like the Auto ID feature Identifying the wrong engine on cross over year vehicles even though the 8th digit of the vin identifies the engine and is different between the early and later model of that year...

Or the default data groups when you go into a specific function that have to be reselected...

Or certain makes setting off dash service lights when you connect and link to a vehicle. So you are unsure if it cleared the code until you actually disconnect from the vehicle.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:45 PM

Steve6911 You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

https://www.facebook.com/SnaponTools...5660772698288/
Old 08-21-2017, 12:59 PM

SnapOnKid Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Tool looks very similar.

All new software???
Old 08-21-2017, 01:09 PM

Steve6911 You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Won't know till its released
Old 08-21-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay G. View Post
It will not have J2534 capabilities.

It will fit into the Verus Edge work station.
at least that is some slightly useful info.
Can you tell us when they plan to announce it & offer it for sale?
Windows 7 or something else?
Old 08-21-2017, 01:41 PM

Sorry I don't have any details on this unit. Saw the video on Snap-on's FB page so I posted the link into these posts.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve6911 View Post
Sorry I don't have any details on this unit. Saw the video on Snap-on's FB page so I posted the link into these posts.
I do appreciate the link, especially since I don't do facebook.

I did learn a bit by studying and pausing the tell nothing video:

I probably don't have to worry about these 2 predictions...Yet:
2. the new Verus will have the same "new and improved" scope the Modis ultra/edge and vantage ultra have - 2 or 4 channels, maybe but minus the
dedicated ignition features and the built in transducer/rpm port and other features WILL be missing.
3. possibly missing at least one of the usb ports and/or the micro sd card port

It's called the Zeus

no directional navigation keys like the pro had as I had hoped for

There looks to be some helpful user friendly ideas in its software.

Externally, it looks pretty much the same as the Verus edge with different colors.

The main questions Snap On will have to answer is:

What will it do that the Verus Edge can't?
How is it better than the Edge?
if it is better, is it enough better to justify its being?
Will there be generous trade allowances / incentives for those with older machines?
How long will it be supported ???

Last edited by Wheel; 08-22-2017 at 10:55 AM..
Old 08-22-2017, 04:33 PM

Wheel, when I traded my Gen 2 in for the Gen 4 it was a $1000 credit towards purchase of the new Equipment...
Old 08-23-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOnKid View Post
Wheel, when I traded my Gen 2 in for the Gen 4 it was a $1000 credit towards purchase of the new Equipment...
not much incentive there. Kinda like buying a new car - the value drops by 50%
as soon as your name hits the contract irregardless if the unit is even unpackaged or not.