Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Verus User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 08-23-2017, 01:31 PM

ToltecasChavez Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Traded in my 2 year old verus for the zeus. Comes with 3 year warranty and 3 years of updates. Not bad
Old 08-23-2017, 02:56 PM

Wheel Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToltecasChavez View Post
Traded in my 2 year old verus for the zeus. Comes with 3 year warranty and 3 years of updates. Not bad
You already have one? What do you think about it compared to the Edge if you've used one?
How is the price compared to an edge?
Old 08-23-2017, 03:16 PM

ToltecasChavez Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Just got it today about 2 hours ago. I haven't used it yet because I'm letting it charge till tomorrow. Price wise, it was more expensive than my verus edge. But it's a lot faster, now it connects you directly to shopkey, no more putting in credentials. And snap on guy said that it has to have internet all the time so this can be done. Big and small updates are done either automatically or I can choose which ones I want to install. The tool is as big as the edge and weights about the same. Still have windows 7 in it like the edge. The interface is what really changed. Plus the connector that goes into the car is the size of a credit card, but thicker. Something that I will def loose. xD
Old 08-23-2017, 07:16 PM

Wheel Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Just got it today about 2 hours ago. I haven't used it yet because I'm letting it charge till tomorrow.

Price wise, it was more expensive than my verus edge.

Quite a bit more? Worth it? (one may not be able to answer the 2nd question for a while.)

But it's a lot faster,

probably faster processor, memory and I hope a much larger hard drive.

now it connects you directly to shopkey, no more putting in credentials. And snap on guy said that it has to have internet all the time so this can be done.

Hmm - I wonder if they intend to make Shopkey a part of the bargain. Being hooked up to the internet all the time might be a problem if one has to go into or lives in the boonies, or has wifi isues.

Big and small updates are done either automatically or I can choose which ones I want to install.

This sounds like they are following Launch and Autel's example. Nice to have the choice, but I usually install them all - just in case.Next question is do you keep the software you buy, or will it be like the OE stuff & time out, and does it support obd1 vehicles still?

The tool is as big as the edge and weights about the same. Still have windows 7 in it like the edge.

32 or 64 bit?

The interface is what really changed.

Now this is the part I am most interested in - did they really improve things or will it be another 10.4 train wreck, or a little of both? Right here more than anything else is where the rubber meets the road on if it's worth it or not. And will this be exclusive to the Zeus, or be available in 17.4 to the older units?

Plus the connector that goes into the car is the size of a credit card, but thicker. Something that I will def loose. xD

Yeah, just like the Launch one - love that small connector, but it's sure easier to lose or forget.
A lotta questions for someone to answer - I just need to see one in my hands
to see what they've done, and if any of my concerns have been addressed.
I'd give it a fair chance.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:23 AM

Intel Celeron N2930 @ 1.83GHz
2GB Of RAM
32 Bit
Windows 7 Embedded
Service Pack 1
Old 08-24-2017, 11:51 AM

SnapOnKid Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Just got it today about 2 hours ago. I haven't used it yet because I'm letting it charge till tomorrow. Price wise, it was more expensive than my verus edge. But it's a lot faster, now it connects you directly to shopkey, no more putting in credentials. And snap on guy said that it has to have internet all the time so this can be done. Big and small updates are done either automatically or I can choose which ones I want to install. The tool is as big as the edge and weights about the same. Still have windows 7 in it like the edge. The interface is what really changed. Plus the connector that goes into the car is the size of a credit card, but thicker. Something that I will def loose. xD
More expensive than the edge... like how much more???
Dare we ask what you got for a trade in value???
Old 08-24-2017, 12:06 PM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Intel Celeron N2930 @ 1.83GHz
2GB Of RAM
32 Bit
Windows 7 Embedded
Service Pack 1
I thought I had a Celeron processor in an old Desktop that Pre dated the Pentium in another old Desktop , that Pre dated the I3 that is in my 3 year old Toshiba, that Predates, the I-5 and I-7 that is common now. Why a Celeron ?
Old 08-24-2017, 01:55 PM

sbreland73 You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witsend View Post
I thought I had a Celeron processor in an old Desktop that Pre dated the Pentium in another old Desktop , that Pre dated the I3 that is in my 3 year old Toshiba, that Predates, the I-5 and I-7 that is common now. Why a Celeron ?
The naming conventions Intel uses states nothing of the age of a processor, but of the class. Celerons use a much lower Thermal Design Power,
which of course consumes less electricity and in turn, produces less heat.
Celeron and Pentium processors will be around for years to come, the "I"
in the new line of processors is to indicate that it has on-board integrated graphics capabilities.

"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change." Stephen Hawking
Old 08-24-2017, 02:32 PM

kirkbarrow.garage Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbreland73 View Post
The naming conventions Intel uses states nothing of the age of a processor, but of the class. Celerons use a much lower Thermal Design Power,
which of course consumes less electricity and in turn, produces less heat.
Celeron and Pentium processors will be around for years to come, the "I"
in the new line of processors is to indicate that it has on-board integrated graphics capabilities.
This is remembering also that a pentium style cpu has the ' full ' range of executable instruction coding and the celeron has a " reduced " executable instruction coding set resulting in lower potential and actual performance from a celeron compared to a pentium cpu too 🙀🙀🙀🙀
Old 08-24-2017, 04:24 PM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
This is remembering also that a pentium style cpu has the ' full ' range of executable instruction coding and the celeron has a " reduced " executable instruction coding set resulting in lower potential and actual performance from a celeron compared to a pentium cpu too ��������
Today 02:55 PM
I think Zeus is the God of Lightening so if the built in mic detects you talkin Sh@t about Snap On, that executable instruction becomes Electrocutable instruction when you work on a Hybrid or an Electric Car