Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Verus User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 12-12-2018, 03:44 PM

SnapOnKid Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Try leaving scanner on but disconnect scan tool and reconnect scan tool. See if it will connect to car after that.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:02 PM

Chiba280 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Thanks for the advice I guess I'll keep trying a few more times.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:40 PM

SnapOnKid Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiba280 View Post
I removed the USB connecting the scan module to the Verus while powering it after it said install success and hit the ok button along with the cable to the car . Then reinstalled the car cable and restarted the Verus.
Don't restart the scan tool. Try Just unplug the usb cable only and let it reconnect the scan module wirelessly.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:45 PM

Chiba280 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

When out to the car , tried it all , still no communication.! I think I might be missing something in the programming! Does the Verus have to be connected to the internet..?
Old 12-12-2018, 04:52 PM

No, but maybe something in the software is not correct. Try calling tech support. If you can connect it to the internet they can reload the software and see if it fixes it.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:01 PM

I spoke to a rep ,There was no attemp to help me out. He just said okay send it in , it will be $258.00 to repair the unit and there is no guarantee that it will work !! unbelievable!! Reps name was Luciano....so here I am hoping someone had the same issue and got it fixed. I really appreciate your help.thank you , I'll keep trying..After the I think I'll be pretty much done with Snap on scanners.. time to look elsewhere.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:07 PM

phill57 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Default unable to update wireless module

Hello There

I had a similar problem with an earlier version Verus where it kept telling me to update the scan module and it wouldn't take. I too called into tech support and was told to send it in for repair. Try unpairing the module and then add it back again. It should then tell you to update again. That worked for me and it was fine until i upgraded to another unit two years later. Hope that works for you. I feel your frustration. Another option is to try adding another bluetooth scan module, if you can borrow one from someone else. That would establish if your problem is in the software on the Verus or in the wireless module.

good luck
Old 12-13-2018, 03:03 PM

Exclamation

Thank you , I think they send the update corrupted so that you can upgrade to a newer unit.. Maybe not to everyone but a few . It's just a thought not saying it's true ,! What bothers is that you can't even reinstalled the last version you was using that worked..cause it doesn't save it.. I'll keep trying if it don't work I'll sell the unit on eBay, sure someone can get to connect or might have a scan module they can connect to..thanks let you know if it works..Very frustrating
Old 12-13-2018, 05:09 PM

Still no luck . It connects to the scan module but no communication..
Old 12-13-2018, 07:22 PM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Still no luck . It connects to the scan module but no communication
Not sure what the software update is on your Verus if current 18.4 or not, but if it is , You would think with all the Chinaman Tool Competition out there now and to keep the Faith-full they still have left, that if you purchased a new update recently for a Snap On Scanner, that they too would also cover the necessary support or warranty repairs to the tablet or VCI during a 12mo period to fix, Like some Chinaman brand scanner updates offer if it messes up in the one year period of the update period.

Last edited by Witsend; 12-13-2018 at 07:45 PM..