Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Verus User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 12-07-2008, 10:07 PM

No-Start Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcgarvey View Post
ok I have been wondering.... So I figured I'd post a question or two to all you snap on guys out there (mostly rep guys )

I have just recieved my Verus (well got to hold it for five minutes before I found that my dealer had to take it to be activated ) And saw that there is an update sr1 that is free.

Sooo to get to my main question. The verus was advertised with the ignition scope when it first came out and was told it wasnt on there currently.

Caught rumor that there might be a chance no promises that it would be on the 9.2 update. Will the 9.2 update be free to verus owners if the ignition scope is part of the update? Since the price of the unit was not lowered for it not being complete.

This is just a question as a verus owner.
I'm not a "Snap On guy", but I was just curious. Where did you see them advertise that the scope had ignition capabilities besides single cylinder ignition?

No-Start.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:09 PM

emcgarvey Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Start View Post
I'm not a "Snap On guy", but I was just curious. Where did you see them advertise that the scope had ignition capabilities besides single cylinder ignition?

No-Start.
I do believe on the original web page of the verus in begining of Sept when I had ordered mine. Now it doesnt show scope on the page. If I remember correctly it was under the lab scope and also had a order # under optional accessories for ignition scope set. (this is if I remember correctly.... was back in sept)
Old 12-08-2008, 07:31 PM
SDE Member

Transman Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

It does do secondary ignition scoping but you can't select anything other then the pattern it shows. It isn't very helpful when you can't do parade, superimposed, or raster patterns. Transman
Old 12-08-2008, 09:05 PM

emcgarvey Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transman View Post
It does do secondary ignition scoping but you can't select anything other then the pattern it shows. It isn't very helpful when you can't do parade, superimposed, or raster patterns. Transman
Ok now new question...... Will Verus have the ability to do all of those???? And When????
Old 12-09-2008, 03:02 PM

sdlindsey Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcgarvey View Post
Ok now new question...... Will Verus have the ability to do all of those???? And When????
I'm not qualified to speak on specifics as I have no special information, however I will say that as far as I understand it this is all a software issue. The hardware is capable, but the software functionality to do these things clearly isn't available yet. I don't know when, but know this: That it will come in time.

I don't know if it will be released as a service pack update, or with another release -- and I don't know if it will be free of charge, or rolled into the new release purchase or something.

Probably not the answers you were looking for, but there it is.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:42 PM

Default Got my Verus!!!!

I finally recieved my Verus and must say I am impressed. However, I have come across some problems.

1) If you create a user account to safeguard your Verus and set a password you become "locked out" and can't login due to the virtual keyboard not loading until windows loads. You have to plug a usb keyboard in to enter your pass.

2) If you enter a vehicle into the verus it will not carry over to the other systems.

3) When you go to "print" the tech report it excludes half of the information that should be on the report. Tech notes, and sometimes vehicle information.

4) Unless I keep the Verus plugged in all the time I have to re-enter the date and time in system tray.

5) On a 2002 ford ranger 4.0 I was unable to control the canister purge valve to perform an evap test. I was able to actuate it with a solus and mt2500 to perform the test though.

So far these are what I have found on my first week of owning the tool.
Also this was a verus with build production of 12/1 that has the new software preinstalled (sr1+)
Old 12-17-2008, 03:05 AM

TurboJim Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

My dealer has given me an offer I almost cant refuse, but my original "test drive" of the Verus left me unipressed. I wondered if any of you guys or, if a SO moderator is listening here, if SnapOn released a "release notes" list of repairs, bug fixes etc in this service pack to see if they addressed any of the issues I found in the unit I demo'd, and what features if any, were planned on for near future updates. I would be trading in my Solus and VP and would really hate to lose the functionality of either of them. SO if the Verus wont do everything each unit willl do, I will pass. This includes the HORRIBLE data pid refresh rates. As was said in another reply, its not fair that bug fixes and repairs to problems should vome at a PRICE after paying for a WORKING program. I'd expect that if I paid a G-note for software, it would WORK and if something wasnt right, it would be repaired and I could install the "fix" for free. Otherwise having to wait till a next release and PAYING for repairs to software that I paid to work isnt really fair. Another thing is ignition scope. This is almost the only thing I use my VP for. I do scope some sensors, but I use my COP flags for finding dead coils lickety split and would miss terribly and hate to lose this function.

Can anyone give me any insight? This deal is almost too good to pass up, but I still just might if this thing is still a boat anchor with no plans to float to the top.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:55 AM

diesel71 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

just a note for those that get there verus in the next few weeks, i got mine on 12-15-2008 and the software service release version 1.2.1.457 was already installed If to try to update it a pop-up screen will tell you it is already up to date.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel71 View Post
just a note for those that get there verus in the next few weeks, i got mine on 12-15-2008 and the software service release version 1.2.1.457 was already installed If to try to update it a pop-up screen will tell you it is already up to date.
Mine had that and was buld date 12/1
Old 01-10-2009, 09:47 PM

davejauto Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default verus

I posted this question on another page and then learned there was a Verus forum. My Verus is only 3 weeks old but I cannot scan pre-OBD2 gm vehicles as it will not communicate. My Genysis has no problems. Am i missing something?: