Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Member General Discussion Forum > General Discussions > SureTrack User Group
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 03-07-2014, 04:48 PM

Nick_Taylor Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Welcome to the SureTrack User Group

We're going to be using this group to discuss the SureTrack product to get ideas and also provide updates to users. Also feel free to ask questions about SureTrack here, you can start a new topic if you want to discuss something in particular with the group.

Please check to see if there is an existing topic that covers what you want to talk about before starting a new one.

I am one of the community administrators from Mitchell1. I also administrate the tip system in the OnDemand5 and ShopKey5 products.

Last edited by Nick_Taylor; 07-30-2014 at 09:37 AM..
Old 03-07-2014, 07:00 PM

Crusty You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Taylor View Post
We're going to be using this group to discuss the SureTrack product to get ideas and also provide updates to users. Also feel free to ask questions about SureTrack here.

I am one of the community administrators from Mitchell1. I also administrate the tip system in the OnDemand5 and ShopKey5 products.
Hi Nick
The more information we can all share the better we all are.
Anything I can help with, just ask and I'll see what I can do.

I'd like to see some of the other regulars chime in here and say Hi to Nick.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:27 AM

maven Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Hello Nick!

Is there a function on suretrack that allows one to view topics they have responded to?
Old 03-09-2014, 12:07 PM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Thumbs up Pictures worth a thousand words, Video's are worth a million

How about a Mitchell App for smart phone the mechanic touches , you scan the Vin label bar code on door , it automatically Id's car . Then you type in short description of root cause of a problem you found then push video record button and submit the video to mitchell to post on You tube for a compilation of common pattern failure inspection areas others can refer to before having to dive into pinpoint testing.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:29 AM

Nick_Taylor Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
Hi Nick
The more information we can all share the better we all are.
Anything I can help with, just ask and I'll see what I can do.

I'd like to see some of the other regulars chime in here and say Hi to Nick.
I'll be inviting the regulars to join in here.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Hello Nick!

Is there a function on suretrack that allows one to view topics they have responded to?
On the My SureTrack page there is a tab for "Following". Anytime you reply to a post, it is automatically added to that list. We recently changed the sort to show the latest ones at the top of the list.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witsend View Post
How about a Mitchell App for smart phone the mechanic touches , you scan the Vin label bar code on door , it automatically Id's car . Then you type in short description of root cause of a problem you found then push video record button and submit the video to mitchell to post on You tube for a compilation of common pattern failure inspection areas others can refer to before having to dive into pinpoint testing.
I know they're looking into apps but not sure what the progress is. I will pass this along.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Skip Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

I use ST a lot and my #1 issue is that it does not put the thread at the top of the page when it has a new response.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:21 PM

Crusty You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
I use ST a lot and my #1 issue is that it does not put the thread at the top of the page when it has a new response.
I agree skip. That would show some current activity on that thread.

Another issue is threads are not completed and what fixed the vehicle seems to be rarely posted.
What worked and what didn't is a benefit to all. Perhaps a follow up and a completion requested by S.T. may prompt some to complete the thread.

Another thing is where the original post is coming from location wise. Vehicles in Maine or New York may see things that people in Southern California never see. Might put a vehicle's malady in perspective for other members.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Taylor View Post
On the My SureTrack page there is a tab for "Following". Anytime you reply to a post, it is automatically added to that list. We recently changed the sort to show the latest ones at the top of the list.
Also right beside the "following" is a "viewed" prompt even if you didn't necessarily respond or post to that thread.