Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kirkbarrow.garage
    • Jan 2015

What Do I Want In My Snap-on Diagnostic Tools

Hmmmmmm, well I personally would like to be able to use them whenever I desire.

I would also like Snap On ' technical help ' to actually be of HELP as now after five different enquiries this year alone, I am sure they do not want to be of any assistance.

And finally, I really would like to be able to purchase what are actually simple repair items for my expensive tools, rather than have them in a position of not being able to utilize something I paid a lot of $$$$$$$ for in the first place ( case in point, I have 2 Ethos which want keypad flexible circuits so they can be used, SO say " no parts or software available " well software I do not ' need ' parts I definitely DO WANT as otherwise these Ethos are expensive scrap in a heap.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Hmmmmmm, well I personally would like to be able to use them whenever I desire.

I would also like Snap On ' technical help ' to actually be of HELP as now after five different inquiries this year alone, I am sure they do not want to be of any assistance.

And finally, I really would like to be able to purchase what are actually simple repair items for my expensive tools, rather than have them in a position of not being able to utilize something I paid a lot of $$$$$$$ for in the first place ( case in point, I have 2 Ethos which want keypad flexible circuits so they can be used, SO say " no parts or software available " well software I do not ' need ' parts I definitely DO WANT as otherwise these Ethos are expensive scrap in a heap.
    I think the individuals do care, but company policy in place is just to mainly support the people who have recently bought a currently supported scanners from the dealer network and has problems with a current update.
    Ideally if you do have an older unsupported platform ( no longer supported for in house repairs and new updates ), they should make it where there should be no need for you to waste your time or support's time at all asking questions about old platforms( cause it could be your son or daughter without a clue on the other end of phone). Just Freakin Declassify all the repair tech information and board schematics and common aftermarket equivalent part numbers of the board components of all the old platforms and have PDF files for anyone with one to be able to download , so those who still want to pursue repairs can Have at it if they wish. I also think you should be able to purchase the final updates of all the defunct platforms for at least a decade after the tool is discontinued. Snap On Tools name including the diagnostic equipment should carry weight and have a reputation of lasting a lifetime and they should provide whatever means they can for folk who wish to be able to make that happen. Budget challenged folk do have alternatives to being forced into buying a new Snap On scanner...
    Last edited by Witsend; 12-10-2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
      • Jan 2015

I utterly and totally agree here with Witsend about technical data, circuit diagrams and component values being available so people like myself ( experienced electronic technicians ) can repair defective equipment easily.
      That way, Snap On technical ' help ' could ( ? ) possibly assist those of us " fortunate " to be able to afford the latest model/software update ( which screwed up ) get the technical help they need too.

Comment

• Wheel
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
        I think the individuals do care, but company policy in place is just to mainly support the people who have recently bought a currently supported scanners from the dealer network and has problems with a current update.
        Ideally if you do have an older unsupported platform ( no longer supported for in house repairs and new updates ), they should make it where there should be no need for you to waste your time or support's time at all asking questions about old platforms( cause it could be your son or daughter without a clue on the other end of phone). Just Freakin Declassify all the repair tech information and board schematics and common aftermarket equivalent part numbers of the board components of all the old platforms and have PDF files for anyone with one to be able to download , so those who still want to pursue repairs can Have at it if they wish. I also think you should be able to purchase the final updates of all the defunct platforms for at least a decade after the tool is discontinued. Snap On Tools name including the diagnostic equipment should carry weight and have a reputation of lasting a lifetime and they should provide whatever means they can for folk who wish to be able to make that happen. Budget challenged folk do have alternatives to being forced into buying a new Snap On scanner...
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVTmtfzPPCI
        Dittos on ALL this!!!
        You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

Working...