X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nelix
    • Jan 2019

Verus Wireless Scan Module

Hi all

Does anyone know if the wireless scan module from a Verdict D7 will work on a Verus D10?

Thanks

Nelix
  • Wheel
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Nelix
    Hi all

Does anyone know if the wireless scan module from a Verdict D7 will work on a Verus D10?

Thanks

Nelix
    one and the same. Just pair it to the verus.
    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Nelix
      • Jan 2019

Thanks, Wheel, Much appreciated

Nelix

Comment

• GypsyR
        • Jul 2017

The Verdict's scope/meter will also pair with a Verus Edge, should you want to do that. Also the Zeus's much smaller OBD scan module will pair with a Verus Edge. But you can't pair the original scan module and Zeus scan module at the same time. Apparently.
        (Yes, I had some spare time.)

Comment

• Joe Rappa
          Snap-on DSD
          • Aug 2007

Also remember to connect it to your Verus with a USB Cable. You'll need to sync the firmware.
          Joe
          "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
          Henry Ford

Comment

• Nelix
            • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
            Also remember to connect it to your Verus with a USB Cable. You'll need to sync the firmware.
            Joe
            I was not aware of this requirement, thanks for the heads up.

It that what the Atlas Server icon is for, when I open it I get an error relating to no USB plugged in.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
              Snap-on DSD
              • Aug 2007

I don't know what that error is.
              If you have the scan module paired, just connect the wireless scan module with a USB and after a minute you'll get a popup in the Verus Software telling you there's a scan module update. Do this every time you update the scanner.
              Joe
              "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
              Henry Ford

Comment

• Nelix
                • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
                I don't know what that error is.
                If you have the scan module paired, just connect the wireless scan module with a USB and after a minute you'll get a popup in the Verus Software telling you there's a scan module update. Do this every time you update the scanner.
                Joe
                All Sorted, Done, Dusted and working

Thanks everyone

Comment

• sledfreek76
                  • Jun 2012

Thankyou!!

Originally posted by GypsyR
                  The Verdict's scope/meter will also pair with a Verus Edge, should you want to do that. Also the Zeus's much smaller OBD scan module will pair with a Verus Edge. But you can't pair the original scan module and Zeus scan module at the same time. Apparently.
                  (Yes, I had some spare time.)
                  Awesome upgrade for my Verus Edge! The small Zeus scanner module paired quickly and works great! Thankyou!

Comment

• GypsyR
                    • Jul 2017

Wow, you got one of those? My rep said they sell for $1800 last I asked. Did you have to pay that much? The Verus soap-on-a-rope thing gets on my nerves but not quite $1800 worth.

Comment

• sledfreek76
                      • Jun 2012

Found on Ebay

Originally posted by GypsyR
                      Wow, you got one of those? My rep said they sell for $1800 last I asked. Did you have to pay that much? The Verus soap-on-a-rope thing gets on my nerves but not quite $1800 worth.
                      I got real lucky and found it on Ebay... There was 2, lost the first one bidding, went to 600. Then found another for buy now of 750, with a best offer. Ended up paying 500. My rep said about 1500 cost. Keep your eyes peeled on Ebay. Part number is EESM304A. Its worth around 500 in my opinion, for I agree the other dongle is a joke!

Comment

• Witsend
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2012

I think a Chinaman906BT or TS scantool (albiet it hasn't got a nice built in 4 channel scope) that includes a very similar looking little illuminated dongle that for the entire kit and case sets one back hundreds dollars less than $1800, and a lost dongle can be replaced off E bay for less than $300, so I don't think Snappy would gouge anyone $1800 for a lost dongle

Comment

• Witsend
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2012

I think a Chinaman906BT or TS scantool (albiet it hasn't got a nice built in 4 channel scope) that includes a very similar looking little illuminated dongle that for the entire kit and case sets one back hundreds dollars less than $1800, and a lost dongle can be replaced off E bay for less than $300, so I don't think Snappy would gouge anyone $1800 for a lost dongle

Comment

• GypsyR
                            • Jul 2017

Originally posted by sledfreek76
                            Ended up paying 500.
                            Sweet!

At the Zeus introduction seminar I went to last year the factory reps there stated the replacement retail price of the dongle was $1800. I later confirmed that on the tool truck. It's a year later now so I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped the price a bit. THe factory guy said the reason the price was so high was that the dongle contained what amounted to the complete electronic guts of an Ethos scanner, plus Bluetooth. He did not elaborate as to why they felt the dongle needed to have all that in it.

Comment

Working...