Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GypsyR
    • Jul 2017

Anyone try reflashing with a Zeus?

For the heck of it I downloaded the Drewtech Toolbox software for our Passthru Pro 3 onto our Zeus. Went into a Dodge to do a PCM rewrite and it worked.
    Nice!

I think it may be limited as I think the new GM stuff doesn't jibe with a Win 7 box. But if we can do some stuff through the Zeus it would save somebody jacking my Win 10 laptop every time we needed a reflash. Anyone try this sort of thing with their Zeus?
  • zjeep
    • Jun 2008

I have used wiTECH on my verus edge with no problems

Comment

• GypsyR
      • Jul 2017

Good info, thanks!

Comment

• phill57
        • Oct 2007

Flashing with Zeus

Originally posted by GypsyR
        For the heck of it I downloaded the Drewtech Toolbox software for our Passthru Pro 3 onto our Zeus. Went into a Dodge to do a PCM rewrite and it worked.
        Nice!

I think it may be limited as I think the new GM stuff doesn't jibe with a Win 7 box. But if we can do some stuff through the Zeus it would save somebody jacking my Win 10 laptop every time we needed a reflash. Anyone try this sort of thing with their Zeus?
        I have a Verus Edge which I believe to be exactly the same hardware as the Zeus. I regularly use it to flash GMs with the passthrough Pro and now with a GM MDS2 and it works just fine. Also have done many Fords as I also run Ford IDS on my Edge. Not tried too many Dodges as I usually can't get past the Skim security ****. I'm gonna try an ECM update on a 2017 Liberty in the next couple weeks with the Edge.

For the cost of these things Snap-On is really missing the boat here. My other part time scanner is a Maxisys Elite, does flashing right out of the box, Came with J2534 passthrough, regular mini VCI (like the Zeus) and a 4 channel lab scope for 1/4 of the cost.

Comment

• GypsyR
          • Jul 2017

Good to hear. Next GM I'm going to try the Zeus.

You are correct, the Edge and Zeus are the same thing in a slightly different case.

I've also run up against Dodge's SKIM but I don't believe that failure can be blamed on the Snap On equipment

Comment

• eddie8
            • Mar 2008

[QUOTE=GypsyR;63868]Good to hear. Next GM I'm going to try the Zeus.

You are correct, the Edge and Zeus are the same thing in a slightly different case.

The edge doesn't have the intelligent diagnostic software..the zeus does
            the software platform alone between the edge and zeus is completely different as well.
            Edwin Hazzard
            Southeast Mobile Tech

Comment

• GypsyR
              • Jul 2017

Originally posted by eddie8

The edge doesn't have the intelligent diagnostic software..the zeus does
              the software platform alone between the edge and zeus is completely different as well.
              "Software platform"? What do you mean? Both are running Win 7 embedded and I don't see the difference really beyond the little bit of extra diagnostic stuff tacked on. One of the shop scanners is a Zeus. One of my personal scanners is a Verus Edge.

Comment

• eddie8
                • Mar 2008

Sorry..i was refering to the modis edge. When you say "edge" that can be multiple platforms. The modis edge is newer than the verus edge.
                Edwin Hazzard
                Southeast Mobile Tech

Comment

• GypsyR
                  • Jul 2017

Gotcha, my focus was the Zeus and Verus Edge under discussion, this being the Zeus forum. I was not aware one could load and run Windows based flashing applications on a Modis Edge.

Comment

• Glide
                    • Jan 2015

You can't.

Comment

Working...