Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GypsyR
    • Jul 2017

GM connection issue

Our Zeus is in for repair for not being able to connect with vehicles. We have a loaner. It also doesn't like to connect.
    Sometimes the auto ID hangs up, like it's trying to ID a vehicle. We get sick of waiting, exit vehicle, and try again, and all of a sudden it DID auto ID the vehicle and we move on. Like mid 2000's Chevy truck.

This time that happened again. 2002 Grand Am 3.4. Finally auto ID'd as above but then wouldn't read any codes and terminated communication with this screen.

Blue and green DLC fob LED's on as expected the entire time, including when I got this error message.

Stopped. Went and got the Verus Edge. Plugged it in and got auto ID about as fast as I could touch the screen. And read all codes and data as expected.

As for calling tech support, which is easier, for me to try and describe all that on the phone or present it here with a screenshot? Anyway this is more of an "FYI, your scanner did this..." than a call for help.
  • BRIAN617
    • Dec 2016

Not sure if its the exact same error message but we get similar errors with Verus edge. What I've made myself do is to be sure and use the disconnect vehicle icon at bottom of screen before pull the ALDL plug. This seems to keep it from jamming up. However its hard to makes sure everyone else in the shop does that.

Comment

• GypsyR
      • Jul 2017

It's a thought. Not exiting the vehicle used to give my Verdict fits for sure. I haven't seen that with my Verus Edge but I don't let anyone use it either.

Comment

• wagzilla
        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by GypsyR
        It's a thought. Not exiting the vehicle used to give my Verdict fits for sure. I haven't seen that with my Verus Edge but I don't let anyone use it either.
        smart man!!

Comment

Working...