6.0 psd power balance test. does modis support it?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • harley1rocker
    • Dec 2011

6.0 psd power balance test. does modis support it?

i was running test on a 6.0 and was looking for the power balence test. im sure it has it. can somone pls direct me?
  • Nickb
    DSD
    • Aug 2007

It's actually called a Cylinder Contribution test with SO, It is found in Functional tests.
    DSD

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

In the Functional Test menu you can use either the Cylinder Contribution Test, which shows you live misfire data, or you can use the Injector Disable Command to kill cylinders. The first one will find a miss faster.

What is the exact year/model you ware working on? If the tests aren't there you may just need to update your scanner.

Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• harley1rocker
        • Dec 2011

Thanx for the info. Modis is 11.2 so i think im up to date. Truck is a 2004. Ficm data says NO syn. On A/E scanner,i think thats suppose to say "ficm sync yes" if its working properly

Comment

• diesel71
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by harley1rocker
          Thanx for the info. Modis is 11.2 so i think im up to date. Truck is a 2004. Ficm data says NO syn. On A/E scanner,i think thats suppose to say "ficm sync yes" if its working properly
          11.4 is the latest update, yes the ficm sync should say yes. I have seen the A/E scanner"s in other shops say ficm sync NO with the engine running thats not right... the ficm sync should read no with the koeo and read yes when you are cranking the engine or its running. the ficm sync is the cam and crank signals being received by the ficm and pcm.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
            Snap-on DSD
            • Aug 2007

Those tests are there for an '04 6.0. I'm on Version 11.4, but I'm almost certain they were both in there for 11.2.

Go to Functional Tests to find them.
            Attached Files
            Henry Ford

Comment

• kkbuilder
              • Mar 2015

Modis functional tests

My Modis has 9.2 bundle in functionality tests only glow plug and injector buzz test comes up how do I get contribution test

Comment

• Steve6911
                • Feb 2007

Kevin

You need to update your tool, Version 9.2 is the first quarter of 2009. Many new tests have come out since your version. 15.2 is the newest version.

Steve

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

Using an old MODIS as a Stand Alone Scope years from now?

I'm wondering without ever updating if a Modis 4 Channel oscilloscope can still be used in a Stand alone Scope Mode on anything that comes in the door?

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                    Snap-on DSD
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
                    I'm wondering without ever updating if a Modis 4 Channel oscilloscope can still be used in a Stand alone Scope Mode on anything that comes in the door?
                    Why not? The scope will work forever. The only thing that would need updating on the meter would be the database with the location/connector info, or if a new test got added, like graphing ohms on the new meters.
                    Joe
                    Henry Ford

Comment

• Yahiko
                      • Oct 2012

In the power balance test will the Modis also do a uncompensated
                      graph? The FICM will try to make up for a bad injector and that is
                      one issue with the AE in that is will report all is well even if you have
                      a bad injector. The reason I got the Modis I have was for the scope.
                      For the other operations I stick with the VCM2 and IDS setup.

Now if the Modis did this that would make for one less tool to drag
                      around when going out on the road to help.

Sean

Comment

Working...