Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

I know the Canadian software is different from what I have, but I remember working on a 2.0 TDI with a front EGT problem. Turns out it was a Jetta.
    I found a Golf TDI listed in my Modis, but it's a wagon. Can you post up the VIN?

Here's where I found 2.0TDI coverage for a 2010 VW Golf.
    Attached Files
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• Marcellin
      • Jul 2011

Thank's for the reply. I will try using Jetta configuration next time, as I did not think of that option. The VIN for the Golf 2010 I was working on is WVWNW7AJ8AW188260
      Have a great day !

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

Thanks for posting the VIN. There is no choice for a 2.0 TDI on my Modis either, but that doesn't prove too much, as we are running different software. I will let Tech Support know.

I don't recommend IDing the car as a Jetta. Bad stuff can happen. I bet it would have communicated in Expert Mode though. Give that a try if the car is still available.

Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

• Marcellin
          • Jul 2011

I will definitly try expert mode next time the car is in for service. Thanks for letting tech support know about this issue. Hope they correct it before I get the 12.4 update.

Comment

• sledfreek76
            • Jun 2012

n response.... even the modis expert mode is thin and slow..... im very dissapointed in this 12.2 update and its capabilities. ive finally resolved that the modis or any SnapOn scanner platform (Ive owned a few) is just a glorified code gatherer....
            I work in a european repair shop and popped for the Launch GDS, it is AWESOME!!! It gives it all and domestics! Fast! The VW coverage is great, and has easy to use "expert mode" = vagcom. As others here have replied to try expert mode, I Have! The modis is plain and simply being short changed, along with us who own them.... Ive been an auto tech for nearly 30 years, I pride myself on being a very good diagnostic drivability tech. I am sick and tired of being duped by SnapOn sales, being told, by the new update, its all you need! HA!! I keep finding holes in the software, why cant SnapOn get it right first time! My Launch has free updates for 2 years! I am very upset I have to buy Chinese made products that perform better than USA made... answer me this!

Comment

• sledfreek76
              • Jun 2012

modis for sale

no answers back? concerning how even expert mode is buggy and thin? Ok.... My modis is for sale, has 12.2 with heavey truck. All adaptors and an ir printer along with. Has bluetooth mini keyboard, case, and is in near new shape! cause it dosnt get used much! Has 2 batteries, one was primecell rebuilt, and both hold charge well! PM me if interested, if not bites here, Ebay it goes....

Comment

• tomtec
                • Jun 2013

v/w

on a o9 routon you enter it as o9 chrylser town and country with the same engine

Comment

• Modis500
                  • Sep 2012

Also had a similar tip for a Saab Wagon built by Subaru... Can't think of it right off, maybe a 9-5X?, but it was all Subaru, just Saab badges. Obviously we don't have Saab coverage, just generic OBD, so I tried to pull it up as a Subaru, and it worked great!
                  "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
                  Zig Ziglar

Comment

Working...