Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

If you want a better alternative that happens to be cross-platform then urge Snap-On to give me some of their design/implementation documents otherwise I will keep digging through the data.
    Unless they hire you on , the day that would happens is the day our screen names become Nechroshennie and Sh@tsend.

Comment

• sbreland73
      • Jan 2009

Horah for you and your efforts. While what you have found and reported makes for interesting reading, I doubt it will have any real impact on Snap-on, or most users of this forum. Remember, the goal for most on here is repairing vehicles in a timely manner. Most techs will be resourceful enough to get through the challenge, even if that means they use something other than SO equipment. There are some here who have made suggestions relentlessly, without much momentum. If you truly want to help SO, apply for a position with them where you could have a real impact. Also, you must admit Mac users are most likely NOT auto repair technicians. I am quite sure SO did some research to see if it was worth the effort to write SSC for OS X. Thanks.
      S. Breland

Comment

• Neproshennie
        • Mar 2015

What would you like to see?

Originally posted by maven
        Ive got SSC, rarely use it to its full extent as I dont feel its user firendly. But when I NEED it Im glad it its there.
        What would make it more user friendly?

Comment

• maven
          • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Neproshennie
          What would make it more user friendly?
          I received an email asking the same question. Once I get a chance to sit down and gather my thoughts Ill make a post.

Comment

• Neproshennie
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by maven
            I received an email asking the same question. Once I get a chance to sit down and gather my thoughts Ill make a post.
            An email from Snap-On or another user?

If Snap-On would like to hire me or contract me to write a new application, I would be more than willing to keep it closed source as long as it maintains functionality but if I have to reverse engineer it then there are no holds barred.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

If Snap-On would like to hire me or contract me to write a new application, I would be more than willing to keep it closed source as long as it maintains functionality but if I have to reverse engineer it then there are no holds barred.
              I don't have SSC, but AES Wave sells a data management system, has anyone tried it? It's supposed to even work with Counselor 2 (like I have) , but you need to run it in XP mode in Windows 7 and 8, and I'm not sure with all the bandages and patches applied to Windows 7 and 8 that it will make the program run a 100 yard dash like an Egyptian Mummy. Has anyone run the program on a modern 64 bit PC , and how well does it work , and does it compare favorably to SSC?

Lab scope software for screen capture software for saving screen captures from a wide variety of hand-held test equipment.
              Last edited by Witsend; 03-07-2015, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

I don't have SSC, but AES Wave sells a data management system , has anyone tried it? It's supposed to even work with Counselor 2 (like I have) , but you need to run it in XP mode in Windows 7 and 8, and I'm not sure with all the bandages and patches applied to Windows 7 and 8 that it will make the program run a 100 yard dash like an Egyptian Mummy. Has anyone run the program on a modern 64 bit PC , and how well does it work , and does it compare favorably to SSC?

Lab scope software for screen capture software for saving screen captures from a wide variety of hand-held test equipment.

Edit/Delete Message
                I have a 64 bit version of Windows 8.1 Home on a laptop and cannot download XP mode any longer to be able to get and run AES Wave data management program on it. Would I be able to download the latest version of something called VM Ware or something similar that might work well enough with Windows 8.1that it would allow me to use the older PC based program? I already ordered a special RS232 to USB cable that requires no driver to use with Windows 8.1 to connect my laptop to the Counselor 2, so I'm hoping I can at least save frozen screens off my Counselor 2 onto my laptop some how off the 9 pin RS232 connector at back of Counselor 2 (the one for output to a color TV or external monitor) If that don't work I'll then buy an RS232 9pin to 25pin serial adapter, and if that don't work I'll be pissed off and just take pictures of the frozen Counselor 2 screen with a digital camera and not resize giant annoying size jpgs again for awhile,LOL!

Last edited by Witsend; 03-07-2015, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Dashinoku
                  • Aug 2016

The current SSC version runs great so far on my OS's

Comment

Working...