X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dodge90
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by STURNER
    Lots of videos on drewtech website
    tanks for that info, started watching them the other day and sheds alot of light using gm and chry. web sites. only problem now is boss thinks every check eng lite needs a reflash to fix it.lol. So now the question is does one reflash every car that comes in or just when theirs a problem?? THought I seen a post saying not to, only reflash when needed.
    I've tried and tried, but can't seem to fix stupid!

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

So now the question is does one reflash every car that comes in or just when theirs a problem?? THought I seen a post saying not to, only reflash when needed.

Comment

• Crossland Auto
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by dodge90
        tanks for that info, started watching them the other day and sheds alot of light using gm and chry. web sites. only problem now is boss thinks every check eng lite needs a reflash to fix it.lol. So now the question is does one reflash every car that comes in or just when theirs a problem?? THought I seen a post saying not to, only reflash when needed.
        How's it working out for you Dodge? Right after my post of the new diagnostic center, received a call from another shop a couple hours away. (Long story short.) Sent me a Pass Thru Pro 2. Wants me to try it out, and if I like it, make an off on it.

I have been interested in it, but have only needed (at most) 2 flashes a year. I have always spent the time to fix the issue without a flash unless replacing a module.

X

Comment

• Crossland Auto
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by ToltecasChavez
          This is the thing with programming. It's always a good idea to have 2 or 3 laptops to work with. I have 4. All running 32bit versions. Windows xp, 7 and 8. I have never had any problems. I don't surf the internet with any of those unless I have to, bc I don't have anti-virus software installed. It's a lot easier for me to do it like that. I have 1 of them installed with everything which is the one I use for browsing and stuff. This is the best set up for me since I can program with any of those. If one fails, the other ones usually work. I would tell you to get at least 2 laptops. 1 running xp, the other 7 or 8 32-bit...IMO.
          Chavez, is there a particular reason to have 32 bit? Is 64 an issue?

X

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
            • Apr 2011

Before it was a problem when 64 was still not being adopted by the car companies. From my understanding, it's not a problem anymore. Windows 8 I believe some are still not compatible. Which is why I stay on Windows 7. I use 32bit bc I have yet to find any problems using it. Also, some of the chinese programs to modify mileage and such usually run on windows xp 32 only or windows 7 32bit. So I like to stay old school. And again, have yet to run into any problems. Only Chrysler with their newer cars, I had to get a guy with an original Chrysler tool to program the PCM of a Durango 2014. My PTP2 would't even recognize the PCM that I purchased from the dealer. Which sucks! DrewTech is still having problems with newer cars as well. Which again SUCKS!

Comment

• dodge90
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Crossland Auto
              How's it working out for you Dodge? Right after my post of the new diagnostic center, received a call from another shop a couple hours away. (Long story short.) Sent me a Pass Thru Pro 2. Wants me to try it out, and if I like it, make an off on it.

I have been interested in it, but have only needed (at most) 2 flashes a year. I have always spent the time to fix the issue without a flash unless replacing a module.

X
              seems to be working well. only did a few fords and 1 gm but didn't have a problem once I got the hang of it. as the suggestion was made went to dew teck web site and watched the videos on reflashing and learned alot from that. I dont reflash alot but at least I CAN keep the cash here and not in the dealers pocket when I do come across a flash .

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                • Apr 2011

Now that's great news!

Comment

• Crossland Auto
                  • Jul 2014

Now I think I understand the issue from the shop that sent me the PTP2. Win 7, 32 bit. loaded disc, read the instructions, followed them to a T. Installed software, hooked up to vehicle, U.S.B. driver issue, will not install. 4 X uninstall and reinstall. At least 15 tries pointing the computer to the drivers in the disc. No luck. Granted, I only spent 3 hours trying, maybe tomorrow I can contact Snap On Diagnostics support.

X

Comment

• Crossland Auto
                    • Jul 2014

Got it. Downloaded newest software and drivers. Tried again, no dice. Tried another U.S.B. cable, BINGO. Now watching the videos.

X

Comment

• Glide
                      • Jan 2015

For PC requirements, both GM and Ford only support windows 7 Pro. 64 bit OS is recommended,but 32 bit will work.Only Intel processors I3 and above are supported.
                      For detailed system requirements go to the website where you buy your programming.(ACDelco,Motorcraft,or whatever)

Comment

• dodge90
                        • Oct 2014

good info to know thanks glide

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                          • Apr 2011

Glide is correct. I have 32bit windows 7 and it works perfectly. Try disabling antivirus software and such. Make sure nothing like it is running in the background. Just some info.

Comment

• dodge90
                            • Oct 2014

did my first ford < go figure< used pcm replacement . after reflashing pcm, reprogramming keys car would not start. did keys again comp. saying keys are programmed still no start. Found on ident fix to perform parameter reset and after car started. had code p1260. Didn't know about that. Every one I talked to was clueless. Is this a step that has to be done on every make or just fords? Green horn learning.

Comment

• greasybob
                              • May 2008

most newer Fords need a parameter reset

Comment

• greasybob
                                • May 2008

after PCM or PATS (or module that contains PATS) replacement. If replacing PCM or ECM you should also check to see if there is an ignition profile relearn.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...