honda functional tests

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SnapOnKid
    • Jan 2011

I noticed this problem was in version 10.2 , Was this adressed in version 10.4 or will it possibly be adressed in 11.2 ???

Comment

• kebo1970
      • Nov 2008

honda fuctional test

03 honda civic with 11.2 and the functional tests still do not work.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by kebo1970
        03 honda civic with 11.2 and the functional tests still do not work.
        Were is the VIN???

I share your fustration as I service alot of Honda / Acura vehicals.

No VTM-4 coverage as of yet.

I had a 97 civic in yesterday and could not even get an HDS to work on EVAP testing.... Not supported on that particular vehical. I usually only see this with V6 equiped cars like accords but I am not supprised on early hondas prior to 2000. Every time I hook one of the early ones up it's like a 50/50 shoot and I'm always asking my self, "Will it work??? Or am I gonna have to go old school and do it the hard way on this one???"

I personally think Honda's ECU's prior to around 2000 were not capable of supporting any thing other then the basic OBD 2 requirements and general engine/trans functions.

Comment

• gravygrabber
          • Dec 2011

I was a dealer tech for the last 14 years on/off with Honda/Acura. Even on the OEM scan tool the HDS all tests are displayed all the time but only a few models have the actual capability to be tested. Many times with the OEM scan tool I couldn't test stuff in the body electrical menu. Just thought I'd share with you guys. It's the cars and ECU software not the scanner.

Comment

• DougMontgomery
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by gravygrabber
            It's the cars and ECU software not the scanner.
            Except in the matter where AutoTech above plugged in his Launch and COULD activate the needed test.

Comment

Working...