Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quickhitch11
    • Aug 2012

Verus antivirus software

I am experiencing someissues with my verus. Does anyone know what snappy recommends. I keep having strange stuff popping up and says it uuoutout needs too send a report because it has encountered a problem and needs too close. At startup when i get to the main verus screen, i cannot open the diagnostic suite. It shows the applicationlauncher.exe is infected by a 32/Blaster.worm. Please activate Internet Security too protect your computerhelp would be great. My Snap on rep called andsaid theyrecommend a afd or avd progrsm.showing
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

If you are infected by a worm, the best and easiest thing to do is re-image the tool. It takes a while to do, but is easy.

What update are you currently on?
    Did you buy it that way, or have you purchased an update?
    If you did buy an update, do you still have the USB that it came on? You may need it to re-install it.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• quickhitch11
      • Aug 2012

verus virus

I just bought it From snap on. Used. Think its 12.2 or 12.4. It came with the programs in it. I have not purchased any updates as of yet.

Comment

• badcoupe
        • Jan 2011

Microsoft security essentials works pretty good and it's free. I use it and haven't had any trouble. That's an older worm so it should be easy to remove. Re-image would be the easiest way but you'll lose customer data etc.

Comment

• Orevin
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by badcoupe
          Microsoft security essentials works pretty good and it's free. I use it and haven't had any trouble.
          Yes, I use it on my laptops as well. But it won't run on the Verus or Verdict platforms, MSE does not support Windows XP Embedded.

That's an older worm so it should be easy to remove. Re-image would be the easiest way but you'll lose customer data etc.
          [/QUOTE]
          -Kai-
          Chicago, IL

Comment

• Nickb
            DSD
            • Aug 2007

Avast anti-virus is the only recommended software that Snapon wants to be used. If you go to the software section in this website and it lists it there. Also has removal tools for other anti virus softwares. There is also some virus scans you can do from that page.

DSD

Comment

• sbreland73
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Orevin
              Yes, I use it on my laptops as well. But it won't run on the Verus or Verdict platforms, MSE does not support Windows XP Embedded.
              Hey Kai, MSE actually does install and work on the Verus Pro. I believe the build version of XPe with SP3 allows it to do so. I do recall it did at one time install on the heritage Verus, but not now?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by sbreland73; 09-04-2013, 05:38 AM. Reason: Grammer
              S. Breland

Comment

• Orevin
                • Aug 2010

I stand corrected. It does install and run now. Last time I tried, about two years ago, it would not install due the Windows version not being supported. Thanks!
                -Kai-
                Chicago, IL

Comment

• Steve6911
                  • Feb 2007

I had been using MSE for about 6 months and had no issues. It installed and ran without any problem. Just to see what would happen before installing Avast I used my Verus as my regular PC for about 2 weeks with fairly heavy internet useage. I ran MSE, let it do its thing then uninstalled. Installed Avast and ran a full scan and the Verus had no issues. This is the 1st Gen Verus with an S3 module.

Steve

Comment

• transporter
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Nickb
                    Avast anti-virus is the only recommended software that Snapon wants to be used. If you go to the software section in this website and it lists it there. Also has removal tools for other anti virus softwares. There is also some virus scans you can do from that page.

http://www1.snapon.com/diagnostics/u...ools/Downloads
                    How good is Avast for detecting and cleaning viruses and protecting the privacy? I quite like AVG, it removed virus that Norton and Trend Micro didn't see.

Comment

• Nickb
                      DSD
                      • Aug 2007

I would think it works fine as itnis recommended by Snap-On. I believe there is a free trial you can run to try it. Sorry can't be of more help. I will try and find more info on it for you all.
                      DSD

Comment

• quickhitch11
                        • Aug 2012

Verus Virus

just an update, i reimaged the tool, and SO then did there thing, and then i installed the avast pro. Will see how it does, was able to scan my memory sticks and found all ok, so i only lost my most recent files. Am not going to load back on the Verus, but keep them on my laptop once i figure out how to do that the right way. Thanks for the help. Chris

Comment

Working...