X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EBI Webmaster
    Administrator
    • Sep 2006

Snap-on Diagnostics Customer Care Questions

Here is a link to the Snap-on Diagnostics Customer Care Service Center web communications form that may be useful to the AAT membership. This form will allow you to contact Snap-on Diagnostics Customer Care, and have your questions answered through Email. This form is for non-urgent questions. You should expect answers to questions to arrive in one Business day. For more urgent questions call 1-800-424-7226 from 6am-5pm Pacific Time.

https://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/cust...munication.asp
    http://askatech.snapon.com

help

pls i need somebody that can help me for my solus pros snap on is not having any sftware on it any more pls help

Comment

• Bob's Garage
      • Nov 2007

Link

Did you try the link that is posted at the start of this thread? You may have to try that first.

Comment

• IDT7
        • Dec 2009

For americans only?

Hi,just tried to submit customer care form but cannot fill one of required fields,vehicle model is not there because it is nissan primera.
        Problem is:
        Nissan
        Primera
        2.0 diesel
        engine code:CD20T
        year 2000
        SJNBDAP11U0527415
        Unable to establish communication with engine control module
        In solus pro menu Nissan/Primera/2000/there isn't CD20T only SD20T(new diesel)
        Could this be problem?
        I've tried to connect by EOBD - no luck
        I can talk to abs and airbag on this car
        All wires between DL16 and engine ecu are ok
        All I need to know is on what EOBD protocol this car is before declaring engine ecu as faulty?
        Many thanks

Comment

• Bob's Garage
          • Nov 2007

What Country are you in?

Hi,

Here in the USA, I have not seen this model of Nissan. Having said that, I would not replace the PCM due to a no comm. There can be more issues like the comm line being shorted to ground or power.

What country are you in? Have you tried the forums that are related to your country?

Bob
          Last edited by Bob's Garage; 03-20-2011, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• Trindaddy
            • Jan 2010

Hello IDT,
            Although the Jap. cars' PCM have been very reliable i have done 1 Nissan car for this exact problem in that vintage. IATN search revealed that some of these cars had a moisture issue stemming from the insulation around the PCM absorbing water. Fortunately in mine, opening the case and carefully inspecting revealed a corrosion problem on the board which made it easier to condemn. Maybe you should look there as well. Good luck.

Neil

Comment

• Orevin
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by IDT7
              Hi,just tried to submit customer care form but cannot fill one of required fields,vehicle model is not there because it is nissan primera.
              Problem is:
              Nissan
              Primera
              2.0 diesel
              engine code:CD20T
              year 2000
              SJNBDAP11U0527415
              Unable to establish communication with engine control module
              In solus pro menu Nissan/Primera/2000/there isn't CD20T only SD20T(new diesel)
              Could this be problem?
              I've tried to connect by EOBD - no luck
              I can talk to abs and airbag on this car
              All wires between DL16 and engine ecu are ok
              All I need to know is on what EOBD protocol this car is before declaring engine ecu as faulty?
              Many thanks

If your scan tool doesn't support that engine, I would not call for a PCM just yet. Can you try another tool?

Many thanks

Nissan has used ISO9141 for a long time. The wiring diagram for the CD20T engine labels the communication lines to the DLC (the Nissan proprietary DLC) as SCITX and SCIRX, which makes me believe that ISO9141 is used here as well:

3-20-2011 11-37-43 AM.jpg
              -Kai-
              Chicago, IL

Comment

• IDT7
                • Dec 2009

This Nissan was connected to several other diagnostic scanners etc.The reason why we want to read faults from engine is cutting out and hard starting.
                Thanks for wiring diagram I will double check
                Reason why I've posted here is Have we got european car support centre ?

Comment

• Orevin
                  • Aug 2010

This Nissan was connected to several other diagnostic scanners etc.The reason why we want to read faults from engine is cutting out and hard starting.

If you turn the ignition on and connect pin 9 and 16 with a jumper wire, the MIL will flash the codes.

-Kai-
                  Chicago, IL

Comment

• Bob's Garage
                    • Nov 2007

You could try:

or (don't expect much here):

There is a support Center in the UK I remeber some of the guys in the forums talking about it. Sounds like you may have to do some comm line diag though.

Comment

• IDT7
                      • Dec 2009

Problem found!

Ok Here is the fault:
                      1.I've read flash codes it's code 55 (no fault found according to autodata)
                      2.Car won't start at all now
                      3.I've found massive lack of fuel delivery pressure, after all checks diesel injection pump is found to be dead.

Many thanks for wiring diagram,all advice and I know this thread shouldn't be here but HERE IN UK CAN WE HAVE SUPPORT FORMS TO SUBMIT ETC?

thanks again americans

Comment

• Damien J Coleman
                        • Jan 2011

As was previously mentioned this is a two line system, which communication isn't supported on.
                        Well done on getting to the bottom of the fault.
                        regards,
                        Damien

Comment

• GRUSS
                          • Nov 2012

Would like any nice snap on person to contact me about having my VP updated. Have had no snap on dealer in southyorkshire in the uk for over a year. Have exchanged several emails with snap on but never managed to get in contact with anyone over the phone, or nor did anyone get in contact with me.

Can provide contact details... Thanks

Comment

Working...