Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GypsyR
    • Jul 2017

Zeus issue

If the Zeus is so different from a Verus, how come it doesn't rate its own section?

But anyway. Plug in to a 98 Dodge. Module green light comes on. No blue. Before Actually putting the vehicle info in a notice comes up saying a problem is found with the scan module and that there's an update. Hit update. With doubts it would do anything, not having the USB cable connected. No lights on. Scanner claimed the download and installation a success. Still no lights on and no communication.
    Went back into the shop and hooked up the USB cable and restarted the scanner. Soon after Shopstream loads I get the notice that the scan module needs an update again. I do and it again claims success. Green light flashes briefly when plugged into an OBD port, that's all. No communication. Restart again and the update pops up again and runs again (with the USB cable again). Now it lights up green in the ODB port and a bit later the blue light comes on (2000 Chevy truck) but no communication with "protID=0x0002 BEN=G1616 KeyID=0x03 No Key" message.

Evidently the Zeus is fine, its the compact scan module being flaky. It shows as being paired currently.

Got fed up, verified both vehicles communicated just fine with a Verus Edge and D4 cable and went back to work.
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Ben

As far as the Zeus not having its own forum yet, I can not tell you for sure why, but I do know that the webmaster has been working very hard on many behind the scene issues and projects in places that you do not see. I will get in touch with him and see if that is in the future

When posting bug reports we need as much info as possible, the tool you are using and what software version is on it, Year Make, Model, first 10 of the VIN, any screenshots if possible and exactly what you were doing when the problem occurred i.e. looking at scan data, functions tests, system tests, were you using the intelligent diagnostics and so on. The more information they have the better chance they have of finding and correcting the issues

You did a great job of stating the issues but more vehicle info will be needed. Did you try calling tech support? They may be able to resolve the problem faster then posting here.

Steve
    Last edited by Steve6911; 03-23-2018, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• GypsyR
      • Jul 2017

Basically it's not communicating with any vehicle at the moment.
      I personally have little time (or want) to hang on a phone during work hours. Maybe I can get someone else to. Currently we have more scanners than techs so one going down doesn't affect work flow. Our Snap On rep will be by next week we'll see if he has any insights.

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Ok, please let us know if your rep can correct the issue!

Comment

• GypsyR
          • Jul 2017

No luck yet. It constantly either announces that there is an update or claims there is a problem and an update will fix it. Unplug it from the USB and back in and it does it again. Over and over. Updates appear to install and are announced to have been installed but apparently aren't.

Swapped USB cables to one I literally just used to transfer about 12 gigs to my phone with and no luck. It's not the USB cable.

We've got the rep coming by with support in his back pocket so we'll see. In the meantime we consider it unusable.

Comment

• Jay G.
            Administrator
            • Dec 2006

[QUOTE=GypsyR;60815]If the Zeus is so different from a Verus, how come it doesn't rate its own section?

The Zeus is different enough from the Verus Edge that is should have it's own forum, I will have it added this week.

Thanks
            Jay

Comment

• sbreland73
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by GypsyR
              No luck yet. It constantly either announces that there is an update or claims there is a problem and an update will fix it. Unplug it from the USB and back in and it does it again. Over and over. Updates appear to install and are announced to have been installed but apparently aren't.

Swapped USB cables to one I literally just used to transfer about 12 gigs to my phone with and no luck. It's not the USB cable.

We've got the rep coming by with support in his back pocket so we'll see. In the meantime we consider it unusable.
              Can you got into the settings section and see the current firmware info for the scan module? Looks like this:

20180406-0830-1.jpg

After you select "System Setting" button, then "Paired Devices", click button at bottom, 3rd from left (System Information, Peripheral Manager, Help) = select Peripheral Manger>Reprogram SCANMODULE. Next screen, upper right corner, see "Details".

20180406-0829-1.jpg

20180406-0829-3.jpg

20180406-0829-4.jpg

20180406-0829-5.jpg

20180406-0829-6.jpg

Last edited by sbreland73; 04-06-2018, 06:58 AM.
              S. Breland

Comment

• GypsyR
                • Jul 2017

I'd love to but I can't find that screen. On the paired modules screen it just shows the scope and module 5, it doesn't let me click or right click on them.
                Neither does the Verus Edge.

Comment

• GypsyR
                  • Jul 2017

Hmm, neither one has that particular drop down menu in settings. What scanner and software version is that?

Comment

• sbreland73
                    • Jan 2009

See amended post above. The whole point of this is to try and determine if your Scan Module has an issue with taking the firmware. HTH
                    S. Breland

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

See amended post above. The whole point of this is to try and determine if your Scan Module has an issue with taking the firmware. HTH
                      Yesterday 01:08 PM
                      What is CLCIK HERE? I just see an empty red box with an arrow pointing to it.... Sorry, don't want to be a DCIK HERE

Comment

• Jay G.
                        Administrator
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by GypsyR
                        Hmm, neither one has that particular drop down menu in settings. What scanner and software version is that?
                        Are you still having issues with the scanner module?

If you give tech support a call at 800-424-7226

Comment

• GypsyR
                          • Jul 2017

Yes, the scan module keeps trying to update over and over. The rep came by duplicated everything I said it was doing with support on the phone and then ran off with it.
                          I imagine they will correct the issue but NOT tell me what what it actually was. That seems to be the norm. If it were me I would have just swapped scan modules but what do I know?

Comment

Working...