Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbebenelli
    • May 2007

Cannot get 18.2 to download

This is my 1st time downloading an update since joining the software subscription program. Since the update became live on Monday I have tried downloading it with no success. It's slower than molasses and after awhile I get a message that says an irrecoverable download error occurred on the download progress screen.

Took it home last night and tried it at home same problem. Today it actually took 5 hours to get the message and was at 54%.

Anyone else having a problem? I assume it's from everyone trying to download.
  • GypsyR
    • Jul 2017

Started yesterday and apparently it got to 44% sometime after we went home and said the same error. Restarted from zero this morning and at....2:21PM it's now up to 34%.

Comment

• sbebenelli
      • May 2007

I think it's unacceptable. We pay a monthly fee to have the update as soon as it's available.

It's bad enough it's slow as molasses but to lose what has been downloaded is ridiculous. Snap On needs to get their act together on this.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Cut them some Slack, maybe The Boogle Translator Satellite over China is having trouble Beta testing the Chow Mein

Comment

• Jay G.
          Administrator
          • Dec 2006

Hi,
          The download depend on the internet connection speed, If that isn't the case then there might bee something else going on, I suggest you call customer.

Jay

Originally posted by sbebenelli
          This is my 1st time downloading an update since joining the software subscription program. Since the update became live on Monday I have tried downloading it with no success. It's slower than molasses and after awhile I get a message that says an irrecoverable download error occurred on the download progress screen.

Took it home last night and tried it at home same problem. Today it actually took 5 hours to get the message and was at 54%.

Anyone else having a problem? I assume it's from everyone trying to download.

Comment

• sbebenelli
            • May 2007

Originally posted by Jay G.
            Hi,
            The download depend on the internet connection speed, If that isn't the case then there might bee something else going on, I suggest you call customer.

Jay
            We have fast internet and I have even faster at home. Neither worked. I'll be calling them but the fact someone else has posted with the same problem I'd say they can't handle the amount of people that they have on a subscription trying to do it all at the same time.

Comment

• greasybob
              • May 2008

It's slow. A server problem on Snappy's end I would think. I started the down load and saw how slow it was, I'm going to wait a day or 2.

Comment

• timstech
                • Dec 2010

Its just slow always has been,my SO man does it on the truck using 3.0 usb takes 5 mins tops. I do not like leaving it hooked up to the internet all night

Comment

• sbebenelli
                  • May 2007

I can handle slow but disconnecting and losing what was downloaded after going on for 4 hours is frustrating.

I just had it at 32% after 3 hours and it quit again.

Comment

• Jay G.
                    Administrator
                    • Dec 2006

Guys,
                    I manage the Diagnostic Support Center, If you are having down load issues PM me the serial #'s of your scan tools and your contact information and I will look into it and get back to you.

Jay

Comment

• Jay G.
                      Administrator
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Witsend
                      Cut them some Slack, maybe The Boogle Translator Satellite over China is having trouble Beta testing the Chow Mein
                      We stopped using that satellite a few years ago

Comment

• Bpilon
                        • Oct 2017

I just upgraded to the Verus Edge. How or where do I go to get the update? Kindly explain please.

Comment

• sbebenelli
                          • May 2007

You have to be on a subscription plan. If you are not you'll have to buy an update from your Snap On dealer.

If you just bought it you might get the update for free. I'd talk to your Snap On dealer.

Originally posted by Bpilon
                          I just upgraded to the Verus Edge. How or where do I go to get the update? Kindly explain please.

Comment

• sbebenelli
                            • May 2007

Mine downloaded last night after I left work. Thank you Jay G. for checking on it.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                              • Apr 2011

Had the same problem. But mine only got stuck once. It hit 23% after 5 hours and gave me that error. I left it over night charging and when I woke up it had finished downloading. Guess I was lucky. Funny how the installation takes like 2 minutes. Lol. Good luck guys!

Comment

Working...