Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diesel71
    • Feb 2008

power balance test

a power balance screen on the verus for the 2003-2007 6.0 diesels would be nice. the IDS machine will show this it"s a welth of information when working on these trucks. perdel readings on the 7.3"s has been one of the best added pid data readings snapon has gave us diesel guy's. the ids will do this on the new 6.4"s too. Im sure they are getting the readings from the crank and cam sensors.
  • eddiesverus
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by diesel71
    a power balance screen on the verus for the 2003-2007 6.0 diesels would be nice. the IDS machine will show this it"s a welth of information when working on these trucks. perdel readings on the 7.3"s has been one of the best added pid data readings snapon has gave us diesel guy's. the ids will do this on the new 6.4"s too. Im sure they are getting the readings from the crank and cam sensors.
    NOT JUST FOR DIESEL'S BUT GAS POWERED AS WELL. LIKE THE IDS I ALSO USE THE NGS-PC AND IT HAS A POWER BALANCE TEST AS WELL. I USE TO FIND MISFIRES ON MANY GAS ENGINES AS WELL. ITS A GOOD TEST BUT NOT AS DETAILED AS THE IDS, VERY BASIC BUT IT GETS THE JOB DONE. ADDING THIS TYPE OF TEST CAPABILITIES TO THE VERUS WOULD BE A GREAT ADDITION..
    Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

A functional test for the variable turbo would also be nice for the 6.0 diesel.As well as for the EGR. Would save some troubleshooting time and some guess work.

Comment

• Edseljim
        Snap-on D&I
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by diesel71
        Do you know how the 6.0 / 6.4 EGR functional test is supposed to work? I believe the IDs does it. What exactly does it do and what is the test looking for?
        Thanks in advance for your help.
        Jim Moritz

Comment

• greasybob
          • May 2008

The 6.0 uses a linear EGR valve made by delco, so I would imagine the test verifies the desired position to the demanded position and the duty cycle or pulse width sent by the pcm. In puts to verify flow include map, exhaust back pressure and baro, this in turn affects the throttle plate position.

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

I just looked it up and shop key calls it a propportional solenoid with a built in position sensor. I've not used ids so I'm notsure what the bidirectional is like. The codes P1334 and P1335 are out of position codes, code P1408 is a flow performance code. There's about ten possible EGR codes in all. A biderectional test (KOER) would allow you to monitor both desired position and watch map, exhaust back pressure and throttle position while cammanding EGR.

Comment

• diesel71
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Edseljim
              Do you know how the 6.0 / 6.4 EGR functional test is supposed to work? I believe the IDs does it. What exactly does it do and what is the test looking for?
              Thanks in advance for your help.
              there is a egr test in the IDS what it does is test a set of 6 differant test conditions of rpm,egrdc and vgtdc . It looks at map,maf,egrvp and ebp sensors. there is also a functional control test were you can command the egr valve from closed 0% to open 99% personaly i like the test that lets me command it open to close. a functional test that lets you open/close the egr valve is realy all you need.

Comment

• Nickb
                DSD
                • Aug 2007

Just a heads up. 9.4 update has Cylinder Contribution tests on the 6.0 and the 6.4 litre Diesels. Also the EGR tests will be there also.
                DSD

Comment

• 7kuma7
                  • Aug 2008

will cylinder contribution testing be available for gas cars/trucks?

Comment

• Nickb
                    DSD
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by 7kuma7
                    will cylinder contribution testing be available for gas cars/trucks?
                    Yes gas and diesel
                    DSD

Comment

• Nickb
                      DSD
                      • Aug 2007

Sorry Gas only.
                      DSD

Comment

Working...