Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rpmauto&tire
    • Mar 2009

1995 Chevy P30

I have a 95 Chevy P30 with a 5.7L in it. It is running like ****, it will sometimes act up at idle, then also when you give it throttle. It wants to stall out sometimes, and if it does it is a pain to get restarted. Replaced plugs, wires, cap and rotor because they were bad. After replacement it seemed to run ok for a while then started to act up again. Both fuel injectors are spraying a nice pattern, checked pick up in distributor, seems to be fine. Truck is driving me crazy, anyone have any suggestions.
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Hi RPM,

As a Tech, I'm sure you know that we'd need more info to help on this. It's no different than when a customer comes unto your shop and wants you to know what's wrong simply because they explained the problem to you.
    Record a snapshop with your solus and post it here. That'll help get things started.

You could also download Shopstream Connect and subscribe to Ask-A-Tech. That's the official place to go for help on cars.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• rpmauto&tire
      • Mar 2009

Well what i found was as the engine is idling it will lope a little and surge. As the engines warms up the surge and lopes is worse, as soon as you put it in gear, it lopes very badly and surges almost enough to shut off. It has stalled a few times on me, and it was rather hard to start again. I had my scanner on it and all sensors seem to be reading fine, the egr valve seems to be opperating properly. I am at a loss. Any suggestions

Comment

• 66superduty
        • Apr 2009

have you tried watching a vacum gauge when it happens, ?

Comment

Working...