Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Member General Discussion Forum > General Discussions > US Member User Group
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 10-15-2015, 05:35 PM

Matt Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Diesel EGR cleaning

Has anyone had any experience with SO's EEDF400 diesel egr cleaning system?? I have been getting a lot of Ram cummins egr soot related problems lately, ie. VGT turbos not responding. I was just curious how effective this system is and if it keeps these VGT turbos from packing up with soot. Thanks in advance everyone.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:42 AM

Matt Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Ok, I went ahead and ordered the EEDF400 from my snap-on rep. I got it a couple days ago and found out that none of the adapters come with the EEDF400. I was under the impression, based on some images, that it did. Anyways, I am in the process of ordering adapters for duramax, cummins, and powerstrokes. When I get everything I need and can complete an egr clean procedure, I will post the results and let everyone know how it works.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:29 AM
Banned

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Is there an easy access point to remove some thread in or bolt on adapter spot to introduce the cleaning solution and also verify before and after results with a bore scope, sewer camera or Port Cargo video scope? Do you use the DPF cleaning solution sold at auto parts stores or something else? Do you typically wait for a Prius to get behind you before you start these cleaning procedures?
Old 10-26-2015, 09:40 PM

Brendan626 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Thumbs up 6.0 results.

Cool, I would be interested in the 6.0 Powerstroke results. We get some of those.
I have run diesel system cleaners through early to mid '80's Mercedes diesels then perform a carbon tailpipe blasting procedure on the freeway, turn day in to night.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:23 PM

Brendan626 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Post VGT{variable geometry turbo}

I think we had a failed turbo for power loss on one of those 5.9's a while back. They have air filter problems too. Oil changes are critical, recommend synthetic, there is a solenoid or actuator that fails. There was a service bulletin from Dodge on issues for those, might wanna check iatn or identifix for that if you want more info.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Cool, I would be interested in the 6.0 Powerstroke results. We get some of those.
I have run diesel system cleaners through early to mid '80's Mercedes diesels then perform a carbon tailpipe blasting procedure on the freeway, turn day in to night.
LMFAO, always was fun, Rolling Cotton clearing out the coolant in the exhaust systems after Ford 3.8 head gasket jobs in the early 90's.
Someday somebody is going to be in front of The Wrong @sshole in a Prius.
We will have to buy something like $8000 Snappy EPA-BS 400A-1A Exhaust Scrubber on wheels . Basically a small trailer with a monnoxy vent hose clamped to tail pipe ran to a gutted out waterheater with 6 shower heads inside with another water tank with a gas motor and pump to supply a fine water spray. Basically it will put a stop the billowing clouds but turn the road into a greasy ice skating rink , so be just as entertaining looking behind you after a curve in the road.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:36 PM

Post Patent

That's a great idea. You need to patent that.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:59 PM
Snap-on DSD

Joe Rappa Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Ok, I went ahead and ordered the EEDF400 from my snap-on rep. I got it a couple days ago and found out that none of the adapters come with the EEDF400. I was under the impression, based on some images, that it did. Anyways, I am in the process of ordering adapters for duramax, cummins, and powerstrokes. When I get everything I need and can complete an egr clean procedure, I will post the results and let everyone know how it works.
I ordered one as well, with a truck adapter kit. I'm curious to see how it does.
Joe
Old 11-19-2015, 06:28 AM

Red face

I had an 2007 GMC Sierra 3500 classic come in the shop last week with EGR flow related DTC's, and thought here's my chance to put the EEDF400 to work for the first time. Well, that was not really the case and here's why. Pre-08 duramaxes do not have a EGR cooler temp sender, which prevents direct access to the EGR system. Ideally EEDF400 introduces the detergent through the intake AND EGR side. The EEDF400 system uses different adapters that require you to remove certain engine sensors which the adapters are then attached in their place. In this specific application, without access to the EGR cooler directly, I was only able to add detergent through the intake side, which did not clean the plugged EGR system. Ultimately I ended up removing the EGR cooler and valve so I could clean them by hand.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:22 AM
Banned

I'm sure the results of digging it all out by hand, got it all out.

I know the carbon that cokes up in EGR passages on gas engine cars is some pretty tough stuff that I can't envision any detergent in a flush machine working to really unblock things for very long
Reminds me of dealership selling transmission fluid exchange on a 100k mile car with a flush machine that, we all know if it were our own car, it would be way better if able to, to drop the pan , and by hand change the restricted filter, and clean the inside of the pan and magnets off.