X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Boom Boom on Goes the lights!

Road call 99 Toyota Camry 2.2L 129K, No crank , No Start . Tried a jumper and still starter makes an engagement sound and no crank. Oil is about a quart low but not filthy.Retrieve code P0335 Crankshaft Sensor position A circuit. Customer has car towed to my garage and I charge battery but still won't crank. Compressor also seems locked up and evidence of green on AC hose near compressor. I pull the RF wheel and shield and cant turn engine clock wise but it rotates counter clockwise with no effort. I pull upper timing cover and all is well with T belt , so I turn motor counter clock wise some more and hear a metallic clink and motor then turns over clockwise just fine by hand, so I decide to try and start it. Starts up runs like total sh@t, noisey and can see oil dripping out around AC compressor. Motor is toast. Pull frozen AC compressor and see crank journal not even scored , fished out the broken rod, pieces and it appears one of the puny diameter rod bolts had Snapped off, or small end on pin side broke on a frigid startup and that was it for the#1 rod.Think I had Bigger diameter rod bolts on an old Yamaha 360. Scotty can sing the praises of old Corodas all he wants but this one is a POS IMO
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Witsend; 02-07-2019, 10:16 AM.
Working...