Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Verus User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 11-15-2019, 01:27 PM

Wheel Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMTUNE View Post
I bought my Edge in 15, and it was a great machine, UNTIL I updated to 19.2, now it locks up, and is much slower than before the update. They changed the PID text to a gray color, as well as the graph text from white on black to gray on black. What kind of sense does that make? Tech support told me tough S%$t, and I will have to pay another 1500.00 and MAYBE they will "fix" the issues THEY created in the next update.

Now my dealer tells me tech support thinks I need a battery. Tried it on AC charging , same issue. Battery is 3+ weeks out and I will likely be without my tool until next year.

This does not encourage brand loyalty. Others I have talked to have same or similar experiences.
The pid and graph change to gray from white is obviously a bad move with no way to change it on live screens. We are given these options on replay screens, why not on live ones? Obviously the people making these decisions DO NOT use the tools and WILL NOT listen to those who do.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:10 PM

JIMTUNE Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

My dealer got me squared away with a new battery and re-imaged the tool. My tool has been re-imaged before, but this time it must have taken. It is early on, but so far so good. My dealer gets 5 stars, Snap On gets 1. Tech support on the company side, IMO, used to be outstanding, not now, not even close.

As far as design and changes, I agree, whomever is designing the interface and graphics with no options to get them where we want them, or at the very least, not making things WORSE, could not possibly have ever been an auto technician. Also, to have to send in a tool for what should be a simple in the field fix is ridiculous. I also think that process should be streamlined, because the guys I know waiting 1-2 months for their spendy scantools should not have to.

World class cost should come with world class service, from the bottom to the top.