Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Unpairing a Device

I got this Verdict to play around with for a week or so. I thought I would see if my generation 1 Verus would pair up with the scanner module for the verdict. It does, cool. Now my question is how do I unpair it ? Everytime I want to hook up with the cable my Verus is looking for the wireless module and rather than telling which key to use it asks me to hook up the DA-4 module. I would like to return to using my cable. Thanks
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

Hi Bob,

You simply turn off the S3 wireless scan module, and tell the Verus to search for devices. It should report the USB scanner hardware, then select that to re-pair the internal scanner. If I remember right, when you go to use the scanner again, the Verus will ask you to "download" the firmware again.
    S. Breland

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

Thanks !!! It seems to have worked, How do shops with multiple blue tooth devices operate. Wouldn't the scanners want to cross communicate ? Sorry I'm still kind of a tech dumby.

Comment

• sbreland73
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by greasybob
        Thanks !!! It seems to have worked, How do shops with multiple blue tooth devices operate. Wouldn't the scanners want to cross communicate ? Sorry I'm still kind of a tech dumby.
        The way Bluetooth operates is like a key and lock, when devices "pair" they are locked together and ignore all other request to join. This was one of the primary specs built into the security protocol.

Read this wiki if you care to learn more:

Enjoy
        S. Breland

Comment

Working...