Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TurboJim
    • Jan 2007

Bug??

I, like I'm sure like many others, boot my machine in the Am and use it, put it back, etc, I'm finding if it sits for a length of time, the S3 wont connect, and requires a reboot. I think its how SS or SS thru Windows is handling the bluetooth, like after so much time without activity it turns it off. Once you go to use the machine again, discovery mode might be running in SS, but not Windows....or something like that. Happens any time my machine sits more than a couple hours. Today I put it down around 10, and went back to it around 12, and had to reboot to get the S3 to connect. Anyone else having this issue?

Aside from that, it never loses connection and seems to always reconnect, as long as it hasnt sat a long period.
    Jim Testa
    Senior Technician
    JD Automotive & Truck Inc
    Dover, NJ
  • eddie8
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by TurboJim
    I, like I'm sure like many others, boot my machine in the Am and use it, put it back, etc, I'm finding if it sits for a length of time, the S3 wont connect, and requires a reboot. I think its how SS or SS thru Windows is handling the bluetooth, like after so much time without activity it turns it off. Once you go to use the machine again, discovery mode might be running in SS, but not Windows....or something like that. Happens any time my machine sits more than a couple hours. Today I put it down around 10, and went back to it around 12, and had to reboot to get the S3 to connect. Anyone else having this issue?

Aside from that, it never loses connection and seems to always reconnect, as long as it hasnt sat a long period.
    Jim, the problem is your not busy enough...it shouldnt sit for a couple of hours...... Just kidding.

I went to a shop and used there Verus and they were complaining about the same thing. I found unplugging the S3 from the vehicle and replugging it in usually does the trick. I think its a S3 problem. I still use the personality keys as i am old so i dont have that problem..( no comments from you Joe) but someday i will get the wireless feature as its a cool option.
    Edwin Hazzard
    Southeast Mobile Tech

Comment

• TurboJim
      • Jan 2007

Thanks for the reply Ed. Yea, previous versions I knew to go right to data stream. If it got "error" I knew to unplug and replug the S3. Otherwise there were never any codes, despite even having a MIL on. The "connected" light would be flashing, but the data was "out of time". Auto ID on Chrysler products would pick the wrong vin character as the year. Unplug and replug, and it was fine. But this is a little different. I dont even get the beep or connected light flashing. Its like the Verus thinks its looking, but its really not. OR the S3 goes to sleep and doesnt listen, but I cant imagine thats the issue because I would think anytime you plug it in it starts searching for a connection. Unplugged it doesnt know if 10 seconds or 10hrs have passed.
      Jim Testa
      Senior Technician
      JD Automotive & Truck Inc
      Dover, NJ

Comment

Working...