X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

Incorrect code description and bonus codes

Hello People

I was working on an 03 Chevrolet K2500 HD with 6.6 diesel today that had several issues. I first scanned it with a Tech 2 and retrieved several codes, one in the PCM, (P1093), one in the ABS, (C0201) and one in the ATC, (B0790). I reviewed the freeze frame data for the P1093 and took note of the available pids. I wanted to compare the capabilities of the Tech 2 to the Verus. When the Verus was connected it reported the same codes but the code description for the C0201 was incorrectly identified as "Open/Short Mater Cylinder Pressure Sensor". In addition there were additional codes reported in the ATC system: U1009 Serial Data traffic "garbled" No Diagnosis required and U1003 Serial Data traffic "garbled" No Diagnosis required. These were not reported with the Tech 2.

I have noticed on another GM, (04 Trailblazer), that the Verus will somtimes generate a communication code in the BCM when scanning that cannot be erased.

On the otherhand I was pleased to see virtually the same data parameters, freeze frame data pids, bidirectional capabilities as the tech 2 had for the PCM and BCM systems. I was suprised to see the capability to bypass the RAP timer and shut down the BCM for diagnosis purposes. Now if we could set up a BCM that would be nice as well as access the AC system for diagnosis. The data refresh rate could be better on these systems too. With the Tech 2 I was able to view around 8 frames per second, and the Verus recorded less than half of that.
  • KM@PROAUTOTECH
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by phill57
    Hello People

I was working on an 03 Chevrolet K2500 HD with 6.6 diesel today that had several issues. I first scanned it with a Tech 2 and retrieved several codes, one in the PCM, (P1093), one in the ABS, (C0201) and one in the ATC, (B0790). I reviewed the freeze frame data for the P1093 and took note of the available pids. I wanted to compare the capabilities of the Tech 2 to the Verus. When the Verus was connected it reported the same codes but the code description for the C0201 was incorrectly identified as "Open/Short Mater Cylinder Pressure Sensor". In addition there were additional codes reported in the ATC system: U1009 Serial Data traffic "garbled" No Diagnosis required and U1003 Serial Data traffic "garbled" No Diagnosis required. These were not reported with the Tech 2.

I have noticed on another GM, (04 Trailblazer), that the Verus will somtimes generate a communication code in the BCM when scanning that cannot be erased.

On the otherhand I was pleased to see virtually the same data parameters, freeze frame data pids, bidirectional capabilities as the tech 2 had for the PCM and BCM systems. I was suprised to see the capability to bypass the RAP timer and shut down the BCM for diagnosis purposes. Now if we could set up a BCM that would be nice as well as access the AC system for diagnosis. The data refresh rate could be better on these systems too. With the Tech 2 I was able to view around 8 frames per second, and the Verus recorded less than half of that.
    Did you try to reduce the # of pids you were viewing in custom data to aid in speed?

Comment

Working...