Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ismkv8s
    • Jul 2009

Modis problem

I just bought my modis. It works fine on OBD2 cars, but when I connect it to an obd1 honda it has no communication. I recived no manuals because it was used so I'm going off the snap on dealers word that the secondary ground plug on the adaptor is how the modis gets powered up( he gave me a lighter plug for this)? But also is it only powered from the scanner plug ins or should the car battery adaptor and or lighter plug power the unit? Also what is the expected battery life on a full charge?
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ismkv8s
    I just bought my modis. It works fine on OBD2 cars, but when I connect it to an obd1 honda it has no communication. I recived no manuals because it was used so I'm going off the snap on dealers word that the secondary ground plug on the adaptor is how the modis gets powered up( he gave me a lighter plug for this)? But also is it only powered from the scanner plug ins or should the car battery adaptor and or lighter plug power the unit? Also what is the expected battery life on a full charge?
    Are you using the "HON-1" adaptor? The plug on the side goes to your power leads. On a fully charged battery the tool should be able to communicate without powering up the adaptor but people have reported communication problems this way. Have you tried a different make OBD1 vehicle. If your battery is in good shape you will get over an hour of use, I get about 1 1/2. Get a second battery and the stand alone charger for it.

Go to this site http://diagnostics.snapon.com/modis on the right side of the page you will find a link to the manuals.

Steve

Comment

• ismkv8s
      • Jul 2009

modis problems

I got a new data cable from the snap on guy yesterday, he said that is why there is no comunication with the hon-1 plug. Nope still does not work on any obd 1 car using any of the various plugs. Because of this I lost 490 today. Does this sound like it may be something with the scanner? I works on obd2 but thats it.

Comment

Working...