• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robbo
    • May 2010

no matching child found

hi all,im new to all this.
    solus pro,version 10.2.
    unable to read engine management on vauxhall vivaro,model year 2007 engine 1.9 turbo diesel.it just keeps saying on display no matching child found,tried reading other ecu's e.g airbag, seemed to read them ok.gained access through obd.After reading other posts im thinking its a software problem with the solus pro,would i be right in thinking this.
  • David Green
    • Oct 2009

Hi Robbo

Welcome to the forum

I have experienced this previously, you may be able to gain more experience if you ring Scan Lines. I could be wrong, but I think that may be CHILD is actually referring to something regards the vehicles but we have yet to be advised.

David

Comment

• andybaz
      • Apr 2009

'no matching child found'

Hi robbo,
      Tips, tricks, questions and suggestions... If you want to talk codes, data, functional tests and troubleshooter, this is the place!

Read the following link,it was a KNOWN FAULT in 9.2 & 9.4 and S.O UK contacted IRELAND where the s/w is written ? and returned back to me that the FAULT HAD BEEN CURED but they could not CLARIFY the FAULT was cured as IRELAND would NOT COMMENT OR CONFIRM.

It took aprox 3months before i got any contact from SO uk about this, we pay for the s/w and should have fixes as required,we should not have to sit on a premium rate line for them to confirm a fault or please explain a little more about the problem,all my correspondance was sent via emails, and like i said,3 months aprox and no reply, until i had a go at my dealer.

There's field fixes for the flag ship model - versus available on their site, im currently off work after a hosp op,as soon as mobile,i will be asking some questions to our purchase rights and repair rights on s/w purchased with KNOWN FAULTS, after hearing you have found this fault i will be surprised if i carry on with my upgrade subscription once my 12 months is up. I only agreed to buy the 10.2 assuming that the fault had been cured, may be in the future i should record all converstaions via phone. I have also asked a question direct to SO uk requarding machine guide operation,may be 1 day, i may get a reply.

There are very few organisations to sell us this equipment with so called back up and assistance,and we are prisoners to the update costs,yes we have topay for the repair to a product sold to us deffective, yes i have praised the SO product once from ownership as it diagnosed a fault my dealership machine didnt find.

Credit where credit is due,i have asked for help on here and received good info and supplied info for those to be aware of,which has been clarified by SO uk that the machine operation is ok etc etc.
      Toyota pro tech & ata
      PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in

Comment

Working...